Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Week 10 Texans - Rams
Today at 9:00 am by Rodgers

» Bills vs Saints
Yesterday at 2:25 pm by Mattanite

» Rules question for playaction on 3rd and long.
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:43 pm by Bishbosh1985

» Texans Away (Oct 20 to Nov 5th)
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by Bartell

» M18 Power Rankings
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:16 pm by Mattanite

» SML Times - Season 23 Edition 1
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:39 am by FaberAK

» Falcons resignings.
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:21 am by epone

» Rams Resignings
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 am by Rodgers

» Whats the rule for signing a player off of someone's Practice Squad?
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:27 am by ParaAUT

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Communication

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Communication

Post by Hiero1994 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Hello guys,

I just want to talk about the communication process. 
I think that we could find an easier way for the game scheduling and communication.
There are very useful apps which could make this thing easier/faster. (e.g.: telegram,groupme or slack)
I don't have a problem with the game scheduling, I'm just curious what your thoughts about this topic.
Furthermore, it could help to create a better community.

Have a nice day. Smile
Hiero1994
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post by Bishbosh1985 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Hey bud

This is a topic that has cropped up several times over the past few years - and the answer is still valid. Basically, the game thread in here is for when things don't go right and the committee have to make a decision. In other words, any disputes, game awards, trades, ideas etc need to be transparent - apps would not achieve this balance.

Whether a group app could be used for purely 'chat' purposes could be debated, but, the likely outcome of that would be that factions would (unintentionally) isolate themselves from league comms.

It's a complex issue - and you young guns need to respect the wisdom of the ancient guys like BigJim and me, i only ever used a smart phone once, never again - it went like this:- 
A 21 year old girl offered me sex if i advertised homeware cleaning products to my friends, naturally i refused as i have very high moral standards and strong will power. Just as strong as Ajax, the ultra strength bathroom cleaner that is now available in scented lemon and vanilla.

Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 pm

I think the scheduling threads are not bad.

But I like the idea of a chat channel somewhere, I think that should really improve communication. Would be funny just to comment some results, trades, etc. directly and just chat a bit. Personally I don't like the PS4 chat, so I would definitely prefer a chat channel somewhere else - don't mind if groupme, whatsapp,..

ParaAUT
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 am

Seems that a chat seems not to be too important for most people Wink

Maybe one question on my side (due to being new): How did you handle the drafts in the past? I could imagine that on draft day a chat would be great - and the PSN chat is not good in my view (and it takes hours for me to type something).

Other than that we may add some other communication channels. I see that in the past there has been some more communication, stories about teams, etc. - I could really imagine that makes much more fun and it adds to the league more than just playing 1 game every 3-4 days. Maybe some more twitter usage? With some comments about league stories? Streaks and injuries? I think there would be more potential than just the players of the week tweet (not just from one person of course!).

What do you think?

ParaAUT
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 am

There is a chat channel in the homepage of the forum - youshould use that on draft day! I imagine there will be a few PSN chat parties and depending on whos around and whos in with who there may or may not be room - you could always start your own PSN chat party and advertise it here to get some people in!
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Hold the front page guys, as usual - the all seeing eye (previously located in Mount Doom, Philadelphia) sees all.

There will likely be stuff open for discussion/vote very soon.

Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top