Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:22 pm by xxeternalxx

February 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The Official HELP ME Thread!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Official HELP ME Thread!!

Post by Notorious_MH on Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Ok guys i know this is a league and obviously nobody can really help me but....... i seriously need any tips you have going. I have played 2 hum v hum games so far and got destroyed in both. I don't consider myself to be a bad loser but when you cannot do ANYTHING to stop opposing teams on defense, no pressure, no picks, zero pass defense, horrible run D, it is just is so demoralizing.
I am used to playing offline and therefore not used to losing much but in 2 games so far i have done nothing to stop anyone and nothing passing the ball. I'm decent at best at running the ball but that is irrelevant when you are 3+ scores down.
So what works for you, any particular plays? Formations? Offense and defensive help needed. Anything would be great cos the losing i can take when it's close but being blown out every game i cannot.

Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official HELP ME Thread!!

Post by brza37 on Mon May 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Don't worry, it doesn't matter that we're in a competitive league, we are all interested in helping others get better especially if by helping you you will enjoy the game more and stick around in the franchise.

Secondly, you're two humvhum games were against two of the best players in the league so don't take the losses too bad.

Its a bit difficult to give you advice though without having played against you or at least knowing what type of system you run and which player you fell most comfortable controlling on D. If you have time to play a friendly online game there are a bunch of guys here who could give you some tips. I might have time tomorrow night since I've got a bye but just pop on whenever you have time and see if there's anyone up for a game.

We'll coach you up in no time.

brza37
Admin

View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua on Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 am

As brza said we would be more than happy to help.

When I get back we can play a practice game and I will be happy to give feedback.

jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH on Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I feel a little better now, was pretty down last night lol.

Offline I use the Rams so I have always used their O and D playbooks but in M12 I customized the O pb because a lot of the formations were removed. Since my 1st game when i found out i couldnt use custom pb's, I've learned the run 'n gun pb, I felt that suited my play style the best. I like to pound the ball then take my shots downfield but I find that deep accuracy is different online compared to off. Stafford is really accurate but by far my best passing performance was with my backup qb who is far inferior. I just can't seem to get the timing right online due to the lag.
On D I know the pb inside out and call a mix, zone, man, blitz etc, I just can't get pressure. My sacks are good cos I'm good against cpu, don't seem to be able to generate anything online though. It's frustrating more than anything, when you can't stop anyone and can't put up much offense to keep up and have to become 1 dimensional. But that's football I suppose.
It'd be great to get some games in guys, thanks for the offers. If I can get on tonight I'll see if anyone's online.

Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator on Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Hey MH i recently joined this league towards the end of last season, before that i was in another league where i got my ass handed to me every single game feeling exactly the same way you’ve just described but eventually playing more game against the better players i improved. I believe that you get better playing the better opponents! you’ll get there Bud just keep practising.

Get afew practice games under ya belt against sim players! id avoid the online randoms as 90% of those guys are complete Douches - i should be on tonight if your about ill give u a game i aint amazing by any stretch haha

All the best mate.

Past

Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac on Tue May 08, 2012 6:49 pm

I will echo what has already been said. The players who beat you already are very good players and there is no shame in losing to them.

Like Past says the more games you play, the better you get, but I do sympathise with the lag/passing problem. Some games are worse than others and there isn't a great deal you can do about that other than to try keep it short.

I decided a while ago to keep playing the same O and D book no matter what team I use. By using the same playbooks all the time, you get to know what works and what doesn't and before you know it, your plays become second nature. I'm not a great player, but over time I have improved. Don't lose heart and keep practising! Smile

AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH on Tue May 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks again for all the replies guys, it's been a big help.

I had a good game with Past tonight and it was really close and a really fun game. I still struggled passing but the lag at times was awful, what was it like for you Past? The kicking meter was the worst i'd seen and often never even registered presses leading to 30% kickoffs lol. Once even the snap was so laggy i even pressed X again after waiting, at which point the qb snapped the ball and instantly threw to X receiver, luckily complete, one of only a few lol. Apart from that though it was good and i think it showed me that the quality of your players is really important, i wish my defense played as good as that!

Another thing i've noticed is that all 3 guys i've played are good at user catching, something i have always been hopeless at, how do you guys do it? When i try the guy makes a pathetic attempt at a catch and doesn't attack the ball yet i've seen people really go and snatch it. Any tips?

So all in all i'm happy and looking forward to my next hum v hum game, which unfortunately is Eder again in week 10... better get practicing!

Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top