Sim Madden League Europe - PS4 Online Franchise

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We are moving to a new forum on Wednesday Nov. 26th! -------------- www.vgforums.co.uk -------------- Please register there as soon as possible
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saints Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:24 am by Bishbosh1985

» Vikings Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am by MeisterEder69

» M15 - Season 1 Offseason Schedule and Draft Date Poll
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm by brza37

» General Query - Position Changes
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm by brza37

» Chiefs Trade Block
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm by TDavey88

» Texans Trade Block - Includes first round pick
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm by KevyD13

» Saints 'Post FA/Pre-draft/Pre-suicide' Trade Block
Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 am by Bishbosh1985

» Chiefs Eagles
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm by TDavey88

» Eagles Trade Block
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am by brza37

January 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
World Time

Share | 

Random Stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Ogletree would be a perfect fit for the Bears. They may have to move up ahead of the Giants to get him though. I don't think there's anyone else who picks before them that 'd also be interested in him though so they should have a good shot.

I think Brown has the potential to be a good MLB too but not worth pick 20 and probably gone before their second round pick.

Jarvis I think can do ok if he lands with the Steelers but will probably bust anywhere else. He was great in college but is a below average athlete and lacks size. Not a good combination in the NFL. Just don't see him being able to come close to his college production unless a 3-4 genius decides to feature him.

I predict the Bears trade their first and second rounders this year and the next two years to move up to pick 4 so they can draft T'eo. Apparently Ms. McCaskey has said that Teo is Urlacher, Singletary and Butkus all wrapped up into one "Hawaiian Hunk".

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 am

Below are Madden Playbooks 1 and 2 that were announced yesterday:
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-run-free

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-infinity-engine-2

And here's some initial hand-on impressions about the new gameplay stuff:
http://underthecode.com/2013/04/24/madden-nfl-25-play-book-1-hands-on-impressions/

http://underthecode.com/2013/04/24/how-fatigue-and-stamina-affects-gameplay-in-madden-25/

http://underthecode.com/2013/04/24/madden-nfl-25-smittys-initial-impressions/

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:40 pm

I've been going off on OS about the announcements to Madden...

I am not a fan of the ball hawk feature being used for tackling now. Its overpowered and will more than likely be implemented shoddily.

The stamina and fatigue systems should make a huge difference, however I fear that by the 4th quarter players will all be uniformly tired and players such as Marshawn Lynch who are high energy players will suffer the same fate as a Reggie Bush and wear down to the point of uselessness. I also fear that the stamina system will not impact injuries like it should.
I don't think Madden will be able to tell the difference between a counter or toss play and a dive with regards to stamina, meaning that players will still abuse counters and outside runs because there is no legit downside beyond a potential TFL, which is just as, if not more likely, to happen on an inside run.

The new ball carrier features sound like gloss, without correctly removing the skating and zig zag running skills. If they have actually eradicated zig zag running and players' abilities to pivot without realistic foot planting, then that will be the single most important addition to the game.

Talk of improved run blocking assignments has me hopeful, although I do hope that there has been an added focus on implementing new animations that really represent the struggle between O and DLinemen. I also hope to see double team pass blocks, although its lack of mentioning already has already quenched any hope of seeing that lol.

With regards to the NFL draft I am SUPER excited. I feel the Rams will target Tavon Austin at 16 if he is there and if he isn't, feel we will then just take DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson, who is one of the more polished and reliable, yet underrated WR prospects in this draft. I don't see the Rams keeping the 22nd pick at all and can almost guarantee we will move back in the draft and target safeties, D-Line and O-Line depth or maybe even another WR (in the 2nd). My favourite prospects are Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, Warmack, Cooper, Cyprien, Rambo and Swearinger.

I've not watched a lot of tape this year due to work but for the Rams' specific needs I think one player (or two) from that list will go a great length to improving the team. I wouldn't be mad at Cordarelle Patterson either, but his shaky hands and inexperience, as well as lack of production vs better defenses, doesn't make me comfortable about him being an immediate impact player at WR.
Guys like Lane Johnson, Menelik Watson and Ziggy Ansah don't impress me too much.. Especially high in the first and wouldn't consider any of them before the 2nd round.
The QBs this year suck, although I think Geno Smith will be a solid pro and in the right situation (Buffalo) could see some success. I also think Geno Smith will be a really good Madden QB because of good size, throw power, decent accuracy and good mobility. Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray have potential as late round developmental QBs, however Nassib, Barkley and those guys will be overdrafted and fail to live up to their hype.

One of the players the Rams have no shot at and probably doesn't fit their system is Dion Jordan who I genuinely feel will have the greatest impact of all defensive rookies next season. Whoever gets him will have a nice player for a long time.

Manti Te'o sucks and will be a terrible pro. I also feel that Eric Fisher has been horrendously overrated. The KC Chief's approach to this off-season has been pathetic and I pity them and their fans for having Alex Smith at QB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:29 pm

The hype is all very welcome about M25 - but as we know the proof will be in the pudding come August.

Because we have little faith in EA things like the 'precision modifier' are more likely to cause unsim play rather than sim play. As with all EA sports games (specifically the ones that require fast player movement) the problem with any 'special move' is its nigh-on impossible to judge correctly - i can see someone hitting the PM button for a hurdle and getting creamed by 2 LB's whilst in mid-air lol

I understand that programming this kind of thing in a sim way is very difficult for various reasons but i would rather they concentrated on getting what they can do right in the first place - i.e. blocking, running, tackling etc

It's also a concern of mine that the emphasis will be on offense - which tells me straight away that once again online franners are not exactly at the forefront of EA's mind and 80-90 point shoot-outs will be the norm!

Personally i think it won't be too hard to improve on M13 and i'd also forgive EA if they write the new game more for the PS4 than 3.

Go Bearsssss - I'm hearing that Ogletree is dropping down the board, which means O line for us, unless we can trade down with the other 25 teams! By my calculations the amount of teams trading down means the New York Jets will have picks 11-29!!!

Infemous - I doubt Austin is good enough to be anything other than a bit-part player in the NFL - he'll be there at 16 and you're welcome to him. BUT - he'll be explosive in M25 lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

If you haven't seen film of Ansah you've got to watch some. I doubted at first too because he's 24, only has one year of experience and his production wasn't great aside from his 10 passes defended. But looking at his film the guy is just a complete freak. They used him at 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE, LB and NT. He is new to football, only his second year playing, but he was able to play so many different roles well. He's got speed, power and loves to hit. He just needs someone to teach him how to use his abilities and work on technique. I think there aren't any sure-things in this draft (maybe Joeckel and Warmack are exceptions) so if you're gonna take a risk I'd say take one with the most upside. Give me Ansah over Mingo, Werner, Jones or Damontre Moore any day. I think only Dion Jordan is a better prospect at 3-4 OLB than Ansah and even then I think a couple years down the road Ansah may be better.

Austin reminds me of Harvin. He's not quite as big but not far off and also spent a lot of time as a RB in the same role that Harvin had at Florida. I thought Harvin wouldn't be able to transition well to the NFL game but aside from his concussion issues he's been a beast. I think Austin, if used in the same manner, could be even better as he's got more quickness than Harvin. If a team drafts Austin and puts him in a DJax/Mike Wallace role and says just go deep then I don't think it will be worth it though. He needs quick touches as I think he's much more like Harvin than he is like Djax. But like Bish said whatever he ends up being irl he will definitely be a ROY and league MVP candidate in many Madden leagues next year, lol.

So, I predict the Eagles will end up with Dion Jordan. Not sure if they'll get a chance to move back now as it seems the Raiders will probably trade down and the OTs will be picked 1-2-3. Would have loved an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. Not much top talent but lots of 2nd round talent. I like S Cyprien, OT Armstead, CB Slay, NT Jesse Williams or Hankins, TE Kelce or McDonald, OLB Collins (if Jordan or Ansah aren't the 1st rounder), WR Goodwin or Swope and FS Phillip Thomas as targets for the Eagles in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Would be nice to get another pick in that range.

Can't wait but will have to watch the recording tomorrow evening. Damn Goodell ruining draft weekend with his primetime money grab. Evil or Very Mad

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Watch out for the O lineman Menelik Watson - from Manchester! He's projected to go low 1st round, what a story!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm

The first pick is in:
First Pick Notified

And this is from around the combine but its draft-related too and hilarious:
Eric Fisher Profile

Last edited by brza37 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Nice lol -

and don't you be bad mouthing the Bears new MLB, Manti Te'o. Unfortunately my sources seem ever more certain the Bears will take him at 20 dammit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Check this out - Mike Ditka's looking good:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KphzbTONA4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Can't believe Bears passed on Ogletree for Long. Great pickup for the Rams though.

Thought Long wouldn't go till the second round but also thought the same about Giant's pick Pugh and Cowboys' C pick was no higher than a 3rd on everyone's board.

Strange first round. Hope the Eagles land Cyprien, Jesse Williams or Slay in the second. Although a bit tempted by Geno Smith if he falls to 35. Good value there but we need a defender. Not liking the talk of Ertz in the second. Tons of talented TEs this draft plus we've got Celek and James Casey now. Need to get a DB or DL before going three-deep at TE. Kelce, McDonald also great options in third round. Others potentially just as good will be there in rounds 4-6.

Pissed that the Phins' stole the Eagles' pick but Johnson should be a good fit too. I woulda liked taking a gamble on Ansah's potential but I understand going with the safer pick.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:20 am

THE RAMS WIN THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!

TAVON AUSTIN! BEAST
ALEC OGLETREE!! POTENTIAL BEAST
TJ MCDONALD!! BEAST
STEDMAN BAILEY!! BEAST
BARRETT JONES!! BEAST
BRANDON MCGHEE!! FAST AS ALL FUCK (been timed in the 4,2s ran a 4,3 at combine)
ZAC STACY!! EXACT SAME MEASURABLES AS DOUG MARTIN BUT CRAZY PRODUCTION IN SEC ON VANDY!!! (PS. Check the video of him carrying the entire Kentucky defense for about 10 yards into the end zone)

I was personally really high on Tavon Austin and Barrett Jones, although I'd watched tape on McDonald and definitely didn't mind him, just liked Rambo more... I think the character issues were an issue and Fisher coached McDonald's dad, as well as being an ex USC DB so... was a given. Think McDonald definitely has potential though and love how he lays the lumber (blitzes pretty well too)

We got some really high character guys in there.. Really love the attitude and personalities of Tavon, Stedman, Brandon and Barrett especially. I like Alec Ogletree's attitude but obviously for some reason character issues held him back for a lot of teams.

Who else pities the Jets, Jaguars and Browns fans? (was gonna say Cowboys but HAHAHAHAHA!)
Really bad drafts IMO. Jaguars taking a RT with the 2nd overall pick? Eugene Monroe is very official at LT so tackle was not a need and I'd have rather drafted Chance Warmack than a RT, or definitely Dion Jordan.

Michael Lombardi is pretty damn clueless so that must be tough for Cleveland.
Besides the Chiefs getting a couple nice guys (Kelce and another dude) I think their overall off-season has stunk.

Sorry Bish but wasn't a fan of the Bears draft either, but I do like Kyle Long just not that high.

Brza I really can't get with Lane Johnson or the Matt Barkley picks. Just really don't think they'll be any good but I can't comment on Chip Kelly's NFL system so he may actually put Johnson to use. Barkley though... <<< YEURGHH - also read a troubling tweet saying that Chip had texted Vick after the Barkley pick and was still waiting a response (like 4 hours later)

Why don't you like Ertz?? (I didn't like him half as much as Eifert personally)

I was amazed Jesse Williams fell as far as he did, and was sad to see him go to the Seahawks.. Now I gotta hate his guts.

How would you grade your teams' drafts then guys?

My Rams are getting an A+++ for right now.
We got playmakers, contributors, invaluable depth on the O-Line and great personalities.

3 guaranteed starters (Tavon, Ogletree and McDonald). Jones may start and if not will definitely see a lot of action as a rotational O-Lineman in case our old duo at C and RG get hurt at any point.
I think Stacy could win the starting job at HB because he runs so hard and with such patience and has a deceptive second gear in the open field. He's also got soft hands out the backfield. Bailey can really contribute and I think he may end up seeing more snaps than Brian Quick on crucial downs, very reliable WR - (also love how as soon as he became a Ram he reached out to Torry Holt).
Brandon McGee has a very impressive skillset and physicality and will most certainly see a large number of snaps as our 4th CB and may develop, in my eyes, into that Casey Heyward/Sam Shields guy... He just seems like a Packers CB to me really lol. Also will see a lot of time on special teams too.

First time in forever I can really be ecstatic about a draft and its such a great feeling. I've never felt this way before... Even after we drafted Sam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 am

A+++? Bit of a homer eh? Wink
Jokes aside I think the Rams had one of the better drafts too. They were in good position to have a good one with two mid-first round picks and they made good use of them. I think Austin will help out their O a ton. I like Ogletree as a player too and good value where they got him as long as he stays outta trouble.

My only problem is with McDonald. I think there were better safeties on the board when he was picked. He reminds me too much of Taylor Mays. Outstanding physically but too stiff in coverage and got burned too much as a result. I think he'll be better than Mays but not by much. Would have taken Phillip Thomas, Earl Wolff or JJ Wilcox ahead of him. But I guess it depends on the Rams' system. If he's mainly gonna be in the box and rarely have deep coverage then I guess he could be good but don't think he's rounded enough to be a real beast at the next level.

I like Bailey too but don't think he'll be a beast either. Underrated player though and good value at the end of the third. McGee and Jones were good value picks too.

I thought the Eagles' draft was solid. Nothing spectacular but they constantly went BPA instead of looking at need. Its frustrating seeing them draft offense with the top 2 picks when we have so little talent on defense but overall its wise to stick to your draft board and go BPA.

I like Ertz alot actually, first round talent according to alot of boards, he can line up out wide or in the slot with Celek and Casey in the game too which will cause matchup nightmares in the no-huddle offense. I was just hoping we'd sure up the defense after going OT round 1. Cyprien and Slay got drafted ahead of the Eagles' pick and it turns out Jesse Williams has bad knees which is why he slid to the 5th round. So in hindsight it was a good pick even though the D still needed help.

DE Joe Kruger and CB Jordan Poyer in the 7th were excellent picks. Poyer was a 2nd-3rd rounder on most boards, All-American, over 6' but slid due to an arrest and 4.5 forty. Think the Seahawks have proven you don't need 4.3 speed CBs if they have height and good short area quickness.
And Kruger is Paul's brother and 6'6" 270 at only 20 years. Think he's got alot of potential and could grow into a starting role at 5-tech DE.

I don't see the fit for Barkley but Chip Kelly has said all along that he will not look for players that fit his system but will make his system fit the best players. Picking Barkley proves that he means what he's saying. I was hoping for an Oregon-style offense but it looks like we're gonna get something closer to his New Hampshire days when he had pure pocket QBs putting up big passing numbers. Doesn't matter as long as they score points.

Also thought we should have drafted Phillip Thomas in the 4th but the fact that we ended up getting Earl Wolff who isn't much worse in the 5th makes the Barkley pick ok for me. After all everyone thought he'd go 1st overall before the season started. Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong now that he's got a chip on his shoulder. Either way its only a fourth rounder and they still filled a need a round later.

Overall, I'm satisfied with their draft. It could have been better if the damn Phins didn't steal Dion Jordan but I think Johnson will eventually be an All-Pro in Kelly's offense. He also upgrades two positions right away. He's a better RT than Herremanns is now and he will allow Herremanns to move back to his better position RG giving us an improvement there too. Johnson's athleticism also makes him a better fit for Kelly's offense than the other top OTs this year too.

Why don't you like Johnson? He started at RT and LT the past two years, has prototypical size/arm-length, performed well against top pass-rushers over his career and was the most dominating player in Senior Bowl practices according to a bunch of scouts. He's not just a combine workout wonder.

I'd grade the Eagles draft a solid B to B+. But you really can't grade a draft class until 3-5 years later once the players have proven themselves or not on the field.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Wed May 01, 2013 4:25 pm

I hadn't looked at any of the RBs before the draft because it was one area that the Eagles didn't need help. Just checked Stacy's film though and he looks like a player too. Real nice draft. The Hawks and 9ers are real strong though and only got better this offseason. Will be a tough division. Funny how just 3 years ago it was the weakest division with a 7-9 division champ. And now its easily the toughest division.

I can't believe Lacy fell to the end of the second round though. I thought he was even better than T Rich and he did well his rookie year unlike Ingram who is kind of a bust at this point. Do you think the Rams would have taken him if they still had a second rounder?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am

Here's a new video showcasing the precision modifiers for ball carriers:

And here's an idea from a Madden player on how EA could use precision modifier controls to enhance D-line play:
D-Line Total Control Idea

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 am

The PM feature will be great IF they get it right. In the past EA have introduced stuff that tends to be over-powered (like the finesse move for DL in M12). For every action there has to be an opposite reaction and Madden needs to have a counter measure for the various additions.

Personally i think the game sliders are a cheat on the programmers behalf - they're basically saying we wont produce a sim product so you can mess around yourselves dammit. They should allow some flexibility on game parameters but not create half a game and expect consumers to 'fill in the blanks' - which, in the case of M13 that's exactly what they've done.

I would prefer they focused on players doing their job and each individuals stats should actually have an effect, especially stamina etc

Just ensure D linemen win their battles as per ratings - that's all i ask. Because if you have a weak LE you need to manage that taking into account who his opponent is, scheme etc. That's what happens IRL - thats all we need - a playable game that is close to NFL principles.

My main concern about the PM is how responsive it is - all Madden, Fifa, Ice Hockey special moves seem to take an age to execute. Come on EA - win your customers back!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Fri May 03, 2013 12:19 pm

I saw most of Lane Johnson's tape when he played RT and he didn't have the power or the fluidity in movement of an elite tackle. He looks like he could get bullrushed very easily, as I think he plays high and someone like Chris Long with an elite burst off the line of scrimmage would abuse him.

I'm not the best OL scout though... I'm better at QBs, HBs, WRs and LBs lol

I'm glad you're satisfied with the draft. Taking into account where you're at as a team and basing it off your explanations it was a good draft, especially philosophically, however I'd be concerned with a lack of key 3-4 personnel considering the conversion.

I think the McDonald and Mays comparisons are a little harsh on McDonald. I think Mays didn't mentally get deep coverage, as I remember seeing his angles and awareness of balls in his area being terrible. By all accounts McDonald is a very smart guy who played FS a couple years back but Lane Kiffin ruined him by playing him at SS. I think he definitely has the range to be a strong, smart safety in the league even if his unspectacular agility stops him from becoming a ballhawk.

I wasn't aware of any prospects besides Shamarko Thomas who looked interesting to me, although I didn't get too deep on the tape this year.

I think Stedman will do well because of his routes. I think having consistent hands and routes will get you Sam's trust and he will see a lot of the targets Brandon Gibson saw, even if he doesn't get half as many snaps lol As a college player he was definitely a beast though and I hope it translates!

I don't think the Rams would have taken Lacy at all tbh. They were apparently really high on him before the combine and pro day, on film, but the injury must've put them off. If we liked him (and Fisher loves RBs) I think we'd have taken him at 30. We loved OGletree at that point tho so maybe... I think he's a nice RB but was the first Bama RB to be exposed for having an NFL calibre OL. I think they all fall back a bit because of that line. Lacy wasn't on a T-Rich level for me, just because he didn't play with the same power or explosion in short spaces. I always saw Lacy as a nice elusive back who didn't really excel in one particular facet enough to warrant high selection. Also I'd never pick a RB in the first 2 rounds unless it was a AP/T-Rich prospect... and even then, unless it wasn't close with BPA or need I may take another position.

With regards to Madden, I'm really not gonna get worked up over how horrible these videos look until I see some gameplay footage.
I'm also intrigued to see what is gonna happen with next gen, specifically because of what Pastapadre has been saying about PS vs XBox for Madden... Apparently XBox may get some exclusivity perks for Madden while PS will miss out. I wouldn't shift to a shitbox just for Madden though. Their secret charges and lack of blu ray player make their system unbuyable tbh.

Pasta also said that the PS3/360 release of 25 is gonna be more arcadey while next gen will be more sim?

I'm not sure how much value to place in his commentary but I don't think he'd say it out of nowhere. So I wait with bated breath.

Bish, stamina is apparently included which sounds promising... providing the ratings aren't a joke again.

The DL stuff has apparently been addressed a great deal and theres an embargo on talking about pass protection so hopefully we see some improvements there.

I don't think I will use it beyond the speeding up and slowing down acceleration tbh. I barely use moves because if theres a hole in Madden, or a gap, you only need speed to get through it quickly and you can get a nice gain. Using a combination of moves is kinda useless to me when moves tend to equal fumble for me so I just take the tackle...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Below are some quotes from the president of EA regarding next-gen:
Quote :
"Regarding next generation consoles, we are under a non-disclosure agreement with our platform partners, however, we're planning a full reveal at E3 including more next generation titles in development for FY14," said Gibeau. "This will include breakthroughs in graphics and gameplay for some of our biggest franchises including Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, NBA LIVE, and Need for Speed. We plan to unveil new titles from EA SPORTS, BioWare, and DICE and a first look at some brand new games."

http://www.destructoid.com/expect-new-games-from-ea-sports-bioware-and-dice-at-e3-253282.phtml

Quote :
In Fiscal 14 (which began on April 1, 2013 and will run through March 31, 2014), we will release 11 major titles across consoles and on the PC. This includes our core sports titles – Madden, FIFA, FIFA Manager, NBA LIVE, NHL, and NCAA Football, as well as Need for Speed, Battlefield, Command and Conquer, and from our partners at Insomniac, FUSE. And as we announced yesterday on EA’s blog, we will publish The Sims 4 on PC in early 2014.

Quote :
I also want to call out a big accomplishment by the teams that built the development engines for our next generation of games -- Frostbite3 engineered at DICE, and a brand new engine from EA SPORTS. These world class tech stacks are powering all of our development on the new systems. They provide an enduring common technology that saves cost, fosters efficiency, and provides spectacular physics and graphics for our games.

This isn’t a vision – these engines are fully functional right now and powering the games you’ll see at E3 in June. You’ll hear more about Frostbite3 and our new sports engine at our E3 Investor Breakfast in June.

Guess we'll have to wait till E3 on June 10th before we get news about next-gen Madden. I was hoping they would reveal info once the new Xbox is officially announced May 21st.

Hopefully they don't deliver some crappy stripped down version the first year like they did with Madden 06 and 07 on 360 and PS3. Either way, we will definitely have a Connected Franchise on PS3 next year. If enough people make the move to PS4/Xbox-whatever early then I'll consider opening a next-gen version of SML next year too if I decide to make the jump. But the PS3 version will continue for Madden25.

Hopefully there will be some nice additions to Connected Franchise announced on May 20th and not just a "new" name and the ability to set hot dog prices in the return of Owner mode.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Wed May 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Hot dogs, mmmmmm .........

Nice one Brza, next gen is exciting for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 am

There are two new articles and a video talking about defensive improvements for M25 on EA and ESPN:
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-defense

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4807/madden-25-makes-defensive-adjustments

At first thought just from the video the "heat-seeker" seems a bit gimmicky but after reading the article it sounds like it could be a good addition which will put more emphasis on ratings and not just stick skills. It should make it more difficult to just draft fast, athletic LBs or Safeties with no PRC, AWR and PUR and turn them into Patrick Willis or Ronnie Lott overnight by usering them. On the other hand, if you have good defenders but aren't the best on the sticks the feature should help out a bit. Seems like this combined with the precision modifiers on offense is another way that will make ratings and teambuilding matter and not just speed. Either way, the option can be turned off so it shouldn't be a problem if it turns out to be overpowered.

Also, this video talks about some added Line animations and improvements:

Here is a List of improvements that he mentions in the video:
1. 5 new "Pull Block" animations.
2. 8 new Run Block double team interaction animations.
3. 6 new "Reach Blocks."
4. 20+ new Pass Block/Pass Rush interaction animations.
5. new zone step blocking interaction animations.
6. new lateral & vertical displacement animations for OL & DL interactions.
7. 30 new blocking schemes.
8. all new pass blocking locomotion.
9. all new open field targeting system.
10. completely reworked impact blocks and decleaters.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Thu May 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Loving it.

Come on August!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Info on the Connected Franchise is now out:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/connected-franchise

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/owner-mode

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Mon May 20, 2013 8:59 pm

So will we be using Coaches or Owners Brza??

I am kinda confused coz I went from 03 to 10 so I missed out on Owner mode and am excited for it but worried about how it can be abused.

Can you create coaches within the league and be an owner?

Would we allow relocations?

How would we control all the stuff people would be doing with their teams etc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Good questions. We definitely need to find out more info about the details of how things work and I guess take some polls on what people want to do. I think having total control in Owner Mode could be cool but it may also be too much for most in an online league.

Hope we get some more detailed info. Here are some hands-on impression blogs from different sources.

http://kotaku.com/keep-the-fans-happy-or-break-their-hearts-as-an-nfl-own-508914667

http://underthecode.com/2013/05/20/top-5-things-to-know-about-connected-franchise-mode-in-madden-nfl-25/

http://underthecode.com/2013/05/20/madden-nfl-25-quick-hits-new-progression-changes-in-connected-franchise-mode/

http://underthecode.com/2013/05/20/madden-nfl-25-quick-hits-new-progression-changes-in-connected-franchise-mode/

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Tue May 21, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks for the links!

I really don't think Owner mode is anything special as it doesn't impact the roster building or management...

But if everyone else wants to do Owner Mode in a 32 team league I will have no problem with it.

More info is needed tho for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 am

From what I read the amount of money you can spend on coaching staff, scouts and trainers is affected by how much money you make in Owner mode. Coaches, scouts and trainers do have an impact on ratings and roster building so it could be an advantage or disadvantage to some if we do Owner mode. I wonder how the rest of the staff will be handled if we only choose to be Head Coaches though.

Also the coaches levels go from 1-30 this year with the coach level being a multiplier for certain skill upgrades. So we'll definitely have to create our own coaches again next year so everyone starts on a level playing field.

The 3rd link about progression changes sounds good that older players won't be able to stay elite for so long. I just hope the increased XP for young guys doesn't mean all rookies and second year players will be 95+ by the 3rd season.

I think its also gonna be key to see what the full list of new commish controls are that they added this year.

PostSubject: Re: Random Stuff   Today at 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down

Random Stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next