The Bucs came out on top in a hard fought game where the D-Lines of both teams decided to take the day off. The key player was Buccaneers TE Kellen Winslow Jr. who appeared to be open all day, catching 7 passes for 123 yds. Many of which kept drives alive.
The first two possessions saw both teams slowly drive the length of the field mainly through the air and exchange TD's via a short slant pass to Boldin from Flacco and a 9yd rush by Dyer. The Ravens then missed a 52 yd field goal failing to take advantage of an Ed Reed interception, allowing the Bucs to drive the field and take the lead through another Dyer run up the middle. With only 30 seconds left in the half Coach Afro dialled up the deep ball to Troy Smith who blew the top off the coverage to take the ball down to the 3yd line. A TD pass to Boldin was the result making it 14-14 at the half.
The Bucs took the ball in the second half and Dyer got his legs going, getting the majority of the yards on the way to his 3rd score of the day on a 1yd run. The Bucs D was stepping up now stuffing the run and making things difficult for Flacco. With the chance to close the game out Freeman then threw his second pick of the season, this one to Jimmy Smith. The Bucs D stepped up once again to hold the Ravens to a FG with 7 minutes left in the game. Punts were traded before the Bucs ground game then took over, pounding the rock taking time out of the game. An injury to Dyer meant the bruiser Blount finished the game with a TD of his own with 1.30 left. Finally, Flacco heaved one deep to pull off the miracle only to have Tanard Jackson make the leaping interception and the Bucs knelt out the game.
Ravens 17 - 28 Bucs
1. Flacco to Boldin for the TD
2. Dyer levels the scores on a short run
3. Winslow doing what he did all game getting open for the big pass play
4. An ill advised throw from Freeman gets picked off by future HOF Ed Reed
5. Dyer rumbles in for his second TD of the game
6. Flacco hurls it deep to Troy Smith at the end of the half
7. Freeman gets picked by Jimmy Smith when Mike Williams fails to come back for the ball on a curl route
8. Blount rumbles in from 8 yds to all but seal the game
9. Flacco's Hail Mary is intercepted by a leaping Tanard Jackson to end all hope for the Ravens