Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:22 pm by xxeternalxx

February 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Congrats on the Superbowl Eder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Congrats on the Superbowl Eder

Post by trulyinfemous on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Its amazing how running the same plays can be effective on madden.

He ran the ball up the gut 3 times before doing it twice to kill clock (not including the FB dives every 3rd and short).
Counters, stretches and tosses are vastly overpowered in this Madden and to capitalise on this is smart, but c'mon. You're supposed to try and play sim. Its a guarantee that if you run those plays over and over in this Madden with any RB let alone Adrian Peterson you will break a couple off for huge gains. Whatever happened to mixing up the playcalls?

The TE spamming from M12 remains, always on the same slants and corner routes, and if not Rudolph its Harvin with a drag mixed in.

The same playaction plays and routes are boring to defend and its frustrating to have about 3 dropped INTs after jumping routes but whatever.

I will be the first to admit I didn't play a good game offensively, especially when Tavaris thought throwing it into the dirt would be better than trying to make a completion, pretty much anyone would have beat me with me and Tavaris playing that way, however, I take exception to the cheap offensive playcalling that despite doing my best to contain was beyond mine or any Madden defense's ability excluding a premier cheeser.

The same ridiculous defense remains. Firstly, who runs a 4-6 on 3rd and long? Not an issue, again, if my QB made the throws how I aimed them the result would have been different, however this is a sim league. You also play Allen and Robison at 3-4 DE in the 3-4 set you have in that 4-6 playbook. You also like to user the DE on a power move to beat RT on every long passing down, again not an issue as he only sacked me once but again its pretty lame and cheap. You call defensive plays sometimes without even seeing the personnel I use. That is an indication above any that you do not call defense in a sim manner.
Giving credit where its due though the user INTs were good.

The final straw however is the zig zag running. Looking at the padded stats from the season I was surprised to see AP with so few broken tackles. Now I know that the game doesn't count all of them, however, on the season AP has the same amount of broken tackles as CJ Spiller with 100 more carries. The reason for this is because as soon as you get into open space you refuse to use anything close to the right stick and just zig zag around and do weird unsim motions with the RB until hes caught from behind by some extraordinarily fast DB or stood up by a safety down field. Combining this ridiculous excuse for a sim run game with this ridiculous excuse for sim player control is deadly, especially so considering that it is a souped up on XP earned from padded stats Adrian Peterson.

I refuse to play Eder from here on out. Its the same unsim stuff I've complained about since M12 and I do not want to waste my time trying to defend it. I play this game for fun and do not find attempting to defend unsim play fun. It removes all elements of strategy from the game which I enjoy the most.

It is partly the games fault that it cannot shut down the same plays over and over seeing as we cannot control all 11 men but that is why it is our responsibility as sim players to not abuse CPU stupidity and defects.

AP would be 'unstoppable' in any average users' hands, however in the hands of an unsim player such as Eder he is unbearable more than anything else.

If everyone else is ok having to deal with this rubbish, I applaud your patience, I however refuse to, so Eder should we draw each other at all next season, enjoy the CPU win.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Congrats on the Superbowl Eder

Post by MeisterEder69 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:06 pm

This is nothing but redicolous....
Your frustrated about your loss. I recorded that game because I knew you would again try to kick me out of the league.
I will watch it together with brza.

Thank you once again for this great article.......

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 pm

i think its better to talk to eder and brza before writing this text. eder filmed every game in case of those situations. you can pause the game and talk about things which are not sim.

LTown27ers
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:14 pm

jep, talking to me is allways good if you want me to change anything in the game.

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm glad you recorded it because all you will see are counter plays and stretches and zig zag running.

You will also see 4-6 D on 3rd and long and me playing like shit.

I can't be bothered with talking to you about the game in game bro. I messaged Brza in the 4th QTR saying you were unsim and as you can see the list was far too long for me to want to write it down. I will just not play you in the future. It seems every season we have the same discussion and whether it is me victimising you Eder or it is you being unsim a decision can be made.

I look forward to hearing from Brza after watching the game because I do not have any doubt that what I wrote was un true.

Its interesting that you do not refute any of this stuff either...

You know as well as I do that you called bunch formation verts at least twice on 3rd down for example, you know that you didn't call more than 3 inside run plays until garbage time too.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scousebronco on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 am

I would love to see this video ov the SB Very Happy would be gr8 if you posted it on youtube Wink

scousebronco
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OSS-LondonRaider on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:41 am

Yes this is all very unsavory to be honest, I am 1 year into my Madden career and don't really know all the ins and outs that Truly mentioned but would love to see the game ...........Congratulations to you both however for making the SB that in itself is a great achievement .............

OSS-LondonRaider
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 am

Truly we met 2 times this season.

We all have bread and butter plays which we play in situations we know that they will work. Mine is the Counter too and you have the run from the weak formation ( against me )Many Times i knew what you will play and i couldnt stop that.

You have a few unsim things too. Maybe i have them too.

in our first game you beat me 68-34.
this game you had 12 passing att and 30 rushing att.

strong run team ok

in the second game you had 10 passing att and 37 rushing.. 25/75 % thats against the rule too.

You had a couple of fair play plays that you didnt run up the score that was cool and resoect for that.

What i want to say is that it is impossible to play 100% sim in madden. But when you think that the other player plays really unsim is the 4th quarter a little bit late. I know it best when i loose a game a search for every little thing is unsim and when i won the other player can play unsim and i dont care And before i talk like that about a player in the franchise via forum i talk ti him and brza to brza. We are all old enough for that.

We will watch the video the next days and then we will see.

LTown27ers
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 am

I reckon that this situation seems to be in order now if the video is going to be reviewed. Lets all move forward onto Season II. Congratz to you Inf for making the SB a great achievement man - and also a big well done to Eder, another Ring you'll soon be running out of fingers for them!

I hope a nice number of us can make the draft - from what i hear its one of the best aspects of the game! Good luck to you all for Season II !

Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 am

thx pastinator Very Happy

lets end this conversation here - we will watch video now.
Then we´ll talk about facts an not feelings.
When i have found out how to upload a video on youtube your all invited to comment it.

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Just to add my two pence I'm with you truly, to a degree.

I play eder twice a season and he is very difficult to contain and this season I was so fed up with the way the game was being played I started playing unsim too, no huddle and that kind of stuff when it wasn't allowed, fighting fire with fire.

But... I think LT is right also, we all have our go to plays that we use when in a bind and players that we overuse, I know that I rode Megatron like a mule all year. A big part of the problem is with the game though because in real life, if a D knows what is coming then 70-80% of the time it gets shut down but in Madden it just doesn't work that way. If I know a stretch is coming and I call the appropriate D and I still get gashed, what more can I do? In my opinion there is nothing more frustrating and anger inducing than knowing what is coming and being unable to stop it. I know when I play eder that AP is running counters and stretches all game, Rudolph is #1 target in the pass game and a receiver may see a pass now and then, but can I stop it? Never and not even close. I also don't agree with not letting up when blowing another player out and just continuing to run up the score.

The only thing we can do is respect each other and remember this is a sim league although at the same time a lot of the anger and frustration is due to the game and not the other player. We are all here for the same thing so let's just continue to respect each other and play fair.

Also congrats truly on making it to the Superbowl and congrats eder on winning.

Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey Eder, if you fancy a new challenge, the Bears would take Adrian Peterson off you Laughing

Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 pm

LTown, this is true to an extent. I however have about 6 plays that I do for each situation however. 3rd and Long I know I have about 10. 3rd and Short I have about 5. I mix up the playcalls for any situation in between. Sometimes I just go through the playbook and stumble across a play that'd be nice to try or see if it works. I am limited in run plays due to the playbook I use and this is a valid point, I will most certainly try to change them up a bit more. A lot of my runs come from 2 back sets and I will try to run out of the single back sets a lot more too.
The thing about my run/pass ratio is that in both games I had huge leads. This skewed my opportunities to pass because in the 4th Quarter when up by 20+ it is unnecessary and unsportsmanlike to pass too much, or at all in some cases, hence why the numbers were skewed. If it was a close game you'd see my run/pass ratio around 65/35.

About the run play that I did several times, you will notice that it is an inside run, something that can be stopped very easily in this Madden with the correct playcall or strong personnel (9ers D can stop that run with virtually any playcall for example), it is not abusing an issue with the game, that is defenders' inability to contain the outside run. Defenders in this Madden almost always shoot upfield instead of setting the edge, meaning that if you call a stretch play 10 times in a row, 6 may get tackled for a loss, but 3 will go for 5 plus and one is guaranteed to go for a huge run, especially with a player like AP or in my case CJ Spiller. What we have to do as sim players is make sure that we call a stretch, counter or toss a limited number of times or more importantly mix it up as a means to maintaining the element of realism so that the huge run is a one off not something you are going for every run play. This is why I purposefully call a large number of inside runs with CJ Spiller so that should my toss or stretch or counter go for a big gain it could be a product of setting up the defense. In addition to this, counters are even more of a pain to defend (hence why I seldom if ever call them myself) because defensive AI 80 to 90% of the time take that first step that follows it, regardless of how many times it is called and gives the offense the advantage in breaking off the huge run to the outside by a huge amount.

I also know that in Madden, as it is a game, things do not happen realistically and we all do unsim things. I know that for example in our first game LTown I kicked a field goal when time was expiring, that was not on and very cheap, especially considering the score. That is an instance of running the score, however if I did that in addition to running the same 5 or 6 plays and did zig zag running I'd be playing the game unsim and you'd have a variety of things to complain about and rightly so. In Madden it is a balance between doing things sim and what others perceive to be unsim. If Eder only did zig zag running I'd mention it but it wouldn't be the reason why he won its the marriage of several unsavoury elements that is my issue.

My commisioner in my other league made a great point when he said something along these lines: "In madden when we play, its about trying to have fun, playing the game in a way we can mutually agree on as being fun. Some people are hard to schedule with, some people run a small number of plays, some people do the route adjustment thing, others blitz too much, etc. etc. people are tolerant to one thing or maybe two depending who they are, however if you do these things consistently or excessively or too many of these things, people develop a problem and are more vocal about small things and it takes away from the fun element."

Now he didn't say that in such a verbose manner but I was ad-libbing. I for example am difficult to schedule with, due to an uncertain work schedule and peculiar hours (and in that league because of the time difference) however I have never been complained on for my playcalling, my attitude or anything to do with unsim play, which means people do not develop an issue with me. They accept my scheduling problems and work around them. If I combined this scheduling issue with being a cheeser or unsim player, people would complain a lot and want me out of the league or refuse to play me. Unfortunately Eder falls into the latter category. He simply does too many unsavoury things for me to want to play him again. I am not asking for him to be booted, because that is not my domain. What I am doing is exposing what he does that is unsim so that other people can find ways to combat it how they choose or make decisions similar to mine. That is entirely up to them.

I look forward to watching the game back at some point and hearing what you have to say. I will admit myself to unsim defense in calling the same few plays repeatedly as they were the only plays I found to be effective against the outside run which I was defending the entire game. Should I be penalised for that, I will accept it entirely.

Many thanks to everyone for the congratulations and I look forward to playing you all again next season and making some trades (hint hint lol).

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tottenhamdan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Where is this Video?

tottenhamdan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:26 am

I dunno but I'd still like to see it.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by north highland on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 am

Yeah let's see the video.

north highland
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:16 pm

damn youtube just denied the upload because the vid is to long...hmmm i think i have to cut it in pieces

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimpy_Nuts on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm

@MeisterEder69 wrote:damn youtube just denied the upload because the vid is to long...hmmm i think i have to cut it in pieces
They need to be under 15 minutes long.

Chimpy_Nuts
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 pm

How large is the file? At vimeo theres no length restriction just has to be under 500MB.

brza37
Admin

View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm

its under 500 mb ithink its 300

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 pm

i send it now to a fiend of mine who works in the film business - i thik he´ll get it done.

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tottenhamdan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 pm

If you can upload now at Vimeo I'd happily watch the whole game.

tottenhamdan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top