Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Season 21 Draft Sun Feb 26 7:30pm GMT
Today at 10:19 am by zill_kills

» Browns change to 4-3
Yesterday at 8:15 pm by warrior9674

» Pre-Season Schedule Poll
Yesterday at 3:04 pm by brza37

» Draft Date Poll
Yesterday at 11:08 am by Kook

» Season 21 - Offseason Schedule
Yesterday at 9:11 am by brza37

» DE TO OLB Kyle van noy
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 pm by Bishbosh1985

» Buccs custom playbook
Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 pm by myzee3000

» Offense PB Browns
Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:04 pm by Kook

» Steelers custom pb
Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 am by Blitzburgh4891

February 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728    

Calendar Calendar

Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by MeisterEder69 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Hey guys,
statistic work is done.
I first wanted to upload this video absolutely without commentary.The fact that you can see my complete playbook and playcalling changed my mind, so I just want to introduce you what I´m doing.
What I´m basicly doing on offense is working with lots of audibles because I know my playbook very well. It often seems like I would choose the same play but when you take a closer look you´ll see that I just wanted to save time because I´ll play one of the automatic audible plays from this formation. I always try to read the defense and call coverage beaters when I think that I identified what my opponent is playing.
On defense I´m not that smart….I´m a WR in real life so I don’t really have a clue how to play really good defense. You will see that I have my 2 standard formations 43 and 34. I play “bend don’t break defense”. I play lots of cover 3 and 4 and using lineman because cant play MLB or FS without giving my opponent a real weakness. I also use the other formations on the playbook but not that often. In this game I found out early what could work against truly. Normaly the first two drives are more like experimenting around what could really stop the opponent.
Nearly the same I recognize with truly in this game. He has his standard in playing 5 DL and4 DL spread.

I also uploaded an excel-chart where I wrote down all the plays until running of the clock.
What I wrote about truly´s plays is just what I think I saw and don’t has to be 100% correct.

You´re all invited to give us feedback.


The link to the video:

https://vimeo.com/55553449

You can download the plays via this link:

https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/2Is88Olr/7f7ccdce504d85bb22037a5830b7c17d96acd9af01bb5130b423a49542a688ca71553d236f22a35

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 403
Join date : 2011-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by sarhosh on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:10 pm

FairPlay for me personally. Using team's strengths is always allowed, however away from the topic I believe losing AP to an long term injury (not that I wish this would happen) will hurt your team's winning streak.

sarhosh
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 62
Join date : 2012-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by trulyinfemous on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:56 am

OK, not sure if there is a rule against it but I personally hate seeing prototype 4-3 DEs like Jared Allen playing DE in a 3-4. Theres almost no fall off in run D because the game can't account for differences in size and strength but the pass rushing is way more dynamic.

What is also ridiculous is that you do not even call defensive plays. You literally hot route absolutely everything on D pre snap. The only way to play a realistic game vs you would be to run the no huddle all game to stop you from having the time to do all that stuff pre snap.
I don't know if its specified in the rules for defenses, however all those hot routes on defense are absolutely ridiculous and definitely do not match my definition of sim.

You do not run a 4-3 at all because you are using the 4-6 playbook, which is actually more to do with however many people you have down on the line, not the personnel.

Despite this joke of a defense you run, my failings seemed to be mine and mine only, specifically relying on Tavaris Jackson to generate some sort of offense.

About my defense. I knew from your stats and from previous experience that you only run to the outside with counters, misdirections, tosses or stretches. I played the 5 DLineman base D in defense of this as it is one of few formations I've found that can be effective against unsim running attacks like yours. It is not my base D formation at all.


On your first offensive play you called an audible from a random play and then made what looks like 3 hot routes within the space of a second.

You go to the same playaction rollout play twice early in your first series but audible out of it.

On the swing pass to AP you have a one on one with my DB and instead of trying to juke in any way, or stiff arm or anything you veer wildly to the left in an unnatural manner making my DB whiff on the tackle. Then, when approaching my goalline I have 3 players bearing down on you. Instead of even trying to dive or truck your way through them you try and again do the same cheesy move but fail.

You hot route players before even getting to the Line of Scrimmage and reading my defense.
"I always try to read the defense and call coverage beaters when I think that I identified what my opponent is playing."
Can you really identify what coverage I am playing when your QB is walking to the LOS and my D are just moving into position from the D huddle? If so you're more gifted than I could possibly have imagined.

I especially appreciate the constant use of slants to TEs and the picking of a play that just so happens to have the closest thing to a TE running an out slant (which got banned in Madden by the devs this year due to players like Eder's abuse of it in M12). By doing this at roughly the 13:30 mark you are completely changing the play before even seeing my real alignment and blindly throwing into double coverage. I smell something fishy.

I'm not watching any more because I have seen enough.

If this is tolerated as sim play I don't know what to say.

If anyone wants to endure this joke then they can, but I like to play sim football and I refuse to play Eder at any point in the near future.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by scousebronco on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:12 am

Can you upload this to youtube ? as them kinks don't work 4me Sad

scousebronco
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Liverpool England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by LTown27ers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:51 am

So i watched the game and check the stats now and from my point this game was ok.

Some points of you Truly that you wrot in your post.

Jared Allen is a 4-3 DE thats right. But when you play a 3-4 he stays on the field thats ok. When you play with the Broncos and you play a I-Formation put you Manning on the Bench because he is a shotgun Quarterback...No!

Many Teams dont call defense plays. I played Football for the last 15 years and we had in our defense Playbook the Play " CBF" means "Coverage by Formation". You look the Offense Formation and everybody have his automatic what he have to to. For me it is something like this. For me it is Sim. And on Offense he audibles a lot thats right. He plays Peyton Manning Style. And yes you can read a defense before the snap. Not everytime but you can do it. And for every Coverage there are Beaters. Every good WR knows them and often they run them on their own. But many times he knows his audibles and just switch th eplay not the formation when he audibles. For me its cool.

you said that he only run to the outside with counters, misdirections, tosses or stretches. That are all outside plays so it is ok when you run to the outside with them. He also run dives, Isos and Draws.

On the Swing Pass to AP and the Movement from him. I did the same against you and you did the same against mee too. You won against me so it was cool and here you loose and it sunsim Com on. On your first Kick Off Return you do a move like this.

I think it is ok to create a play before entering the Line of Scrimmage maybe the play that he create like that you can find in the Playbook. But when it is faster like that is ok.I dont know what Manning does before every play but i think its nearly the same.

The tihing is when i won a game that i dont care that my oppenent i splaying Unsim because i won. But when i lose i search for every play which was nearly unsim to attack him

My Idea about Eders PlayStyle. It is an own style but not unsim.

LTown27ers
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-11-14
Age : 34
Location : Langenfeld / Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by trulyinfemous on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Yeah but you're Eder's buddy LTown of course it'd be OK.

Your point about Jared Allen is nonsensical, I'm sorry. I'm talking about Madden here, which we have to limit ourselves from doing certain things for the benefit of the league. Jared Allen is a pass rushing 4-3 DE. He weighs about 260 lbs and is 6,3. If you can name any 3-4 DE in the NFL smaller than at least 270 lbs I'll be impressed. His stats are great, which means that he can play a position in Madden that he cannot in the NFL because he'd get blown off the ball on running plays. Likewise with Robison and Kevin Williams. Arguing about this is a moot point tho, I don't believe there is any rule about it.
Your comparison to Manning is nuts tho lol. Its more like playing a WR at TE and him still being effective in the run game.

On defense from everything I've seen (I can't profess to having played football more than just throwing a ball around with friends) I've seen actual playbooks from defensive teams. In these playbooks they have plays which the DC calls and the MLB will audible out of if the offense has come out in a formation the D will most certainly lose against. Again, this is an AUDIBLE. What Eder does is hot route every player on D to do something completely different. For me that is not sim. I don't see how we can have actual rules about not hot routing/audibling too much on Offense and them not applying on defense. I know I wouldn't even consider doing all that stuff because it stinks of cheese. He also reblitzes every down DLineman, I don't know what this does but its completely baffling and doesn't look exactly sim to me.

From the Rulebook.
"D3) Defensive Playcalling: Please call realistic defensive plays for the proper situation. There are formations in these games that allow for unrealistic results. Using the 3-3-5 or 1-5-5 as your base defense, however effective it may be, will not be tolerated. There are OL AI problems with these formations that make them super-effective against heavy run sets."
While using the 4-6 or base defense isn't listed here, if I go 4 wide, lining up in the 4-6 and playing coverage like you do is actually in contravention of the rules. The 4-6 is a formation that is used to generate excessive pressure on the QB. If you are using this formation it has a specific benefit and a specific weakness. The fact that this weakness is almost non existent in Madden is not Eder's fault, but it is his responsibility to not take advantage of that.

On offense; Peyton Manning wishes he could call audibles when coming out of the huddle. Don't be a joker. Of course you read a D before the snap, I'm talking about calling hot routes before you've even walked to the line of scrimmage. He does not really run any play in the game the way they should be run. That is not sim to me. He's not calling these changes when AT the line of scrimmage and actually reading my D. He approaches my D with a preconceived notion of what he is doing and does all sorts of funny business when trying to do it. In my opinion, the sim way to call plays is to identify trends such as: I see opponent is playing a lot of zone coverage, so I call zone beating plays FROM THE PLAYBOOK. I don't call any old play and audible and hot route everything until its unrecognisable. If Eder does this to save time I call BS. Its part of the game having to call actual plays. If you don't like it use gameflow.

Yes the rule about audibles is that you are not allowed to switch the formation, however I'd assume theres a rule about EXCESSIVE audibles and hot routes. If what Eder does isn't considered excessive I'd like to see what is.

His run style is a straight joke. Of course counters, misdirections, tosses and stretches are outside plays. The issue is, is that he only does them. The balance between outside and inside runs are about 80% outside 20% inside. Not only this but I said in the first post why constant outside runs are unsim. They're proven to be more effective and are nigh on impossible to stop, especially with a back like AP. If you remember our game LTown you'll notice that I do not run to the outside very often. This isn't because I don't like running to the outside, its because I'm a sim player. I hold back from doing something exploitative to maintain fairness in the game.

You don't do that every time the ball is in your hands though. Eder whenever he is open space is doing that junk. It is something that is unavoidable on kickoffs because what you try to do is move in one direction then reverse field. Its impossible to do that with the right stick. Its also not considered unsim because there are 11 men running at our kick returner. You cannot outmanoeuvre 11 people on one move. Eder does that every time there is a one on one. That is not sim. When I have 3 guys on him and he tries the same thing it shows he is trying to exploit the AI on a CONSISTENT basis, its not a one off like on say kick returns or when reversing field on a run play or anything like that. The sole purpose is to replace using any sort of sim way of beating a player one on one because it works 99% of the time instead of maybe 60%. Considering how many tackles his WRs were breaking I find it absurd to even think why he would need to be cheesy. He has Adrian Peterson who when used sim is impossible to really stop (I played someone last night and AP got 140 vs me on 14 carries, except one was an 80 yard run) so to see Eder ABUSING him is completely obscene to me. With regards to the stat padding you see every time he plays CPU too he has now made Adrian Peterson 99 speed and acceleration. They cost like 100k XP each single point you upgrade. I don't need to say anything else.

More fool you then LTown, if you accept cheesy play just because you win I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm an ass but when I win I also complain if I detect cheesy play. I don't like playing it and I complain to at least highlight this so people are aware of it and force them to change their ways.
Considering how I got to the superbowl last year and played a lot of human games and won them, no-one complained about me. I like to think that is because I am actually a sim player. There will obviously be times where we may do something unsim, or one or two things unsim. None of will ever be perfect in that regard. The game doesn't allow sim play to be done easily. Its a discipline. However, as I said before, if it is clear that player is trying to be sim then you can understand or forget about those things. Eder doesn't even try and be sim from the looks of it. If he is unable to call a normal play and execute it without some ridiculous pre snap stuff, then when executing it he is also unsim then I will have no time to play him.

If anyone, at all, can truthfully, without LTown's (understandable) friendly bias, say that what Eder does is in any way shape or form sim, then I will be shocked.

If anyone else wants to play this sort of crap too, I wish you well. I refuse to.

Scouse, about Vimeo, download new flashplayer and stuff like that, link should work fine.
https://vimeo.com/55553449

The other link lead me to some file sharing website but I couldn't download it no matter how many times I pressed the download button.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by scousebronco on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:31 pm

[quote="LTown27ers"]So i watched the game and check the stats now and from my point this game was ok.

Some points of you Truly that you wrot in your post.

Jared Allen is a 4-3 DE thats right. But when you play a 3-4 he stays on the field thats ok. When you play with the Broncos and you play a I-Formation put you Manning on the Bench because he is a shotgun Quarterback...No!


WTF are you talking about lol 1st QB P Manning isnt a shotgun only QB Rolling Eyes 2nd how can you say having Manning on the feild is the same as using a 4/3DE in the 3/4 as a DE (IMO this is another EA BS glitch) Coz EA don't account for the size strenth switch from 4/3 DE to 3/4 DE. I mean come on how can you play a DE like E Dumervil(5'11 250lb ) in the 3/4 as aa DE an he still gets a passrush lol.



scousebronco
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Liverpool England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by LTown27ers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:44 pm

this discussion is endless. hey eder is a friend of mine but it has nothing to do with it. i tried to talk about facts and my oppinion is that tbe stuff you said is not true or not unsim. i dont like it to attacj someone with no reason. we are all not 100 % sim and it is a game.

allen is a defense end and in real life he on the field when the dedense plays 3-4. when the cpu plays allen and on the video younsee that not eser plays him and the cpu creates pass rush with bim it is not tthe misstake from eder that he didnt bench him.

and the audibles on the field maybe it a little bit often but that is cooedinating for me.

i think we let it be because we dont get a finish for that. This is a witchhunt that nobody. need.

LTown27ers
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-11-14
Age : 34
Location : Langenfeld / Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by Notorious_MH on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Just to chime in.

Last season I got miffed whilst playing Eder because I felt his play was unsim and I went to a no huddle offense early and often. Now I know why I was able to score far more points in that game than I had been able to before against him, watching this video I was kinda shocked, even though I knew something was going on I had no idea to what extreme it was being done. Just as you say truly it seems no huddle is the only way to counter such BS defense.

We cannot have audible and hot route rules for offense and not defense, there aren't any actual plays being used on defense and last time I checked that is very unsim. IRL the defensive co-ordinator calls a play, at the line the MLB can see how the O lines up and if the wrong D is called he can audible to something better suited, cover 2 to cover 3 for example. What he DOES NOT do is running around telling each player on D what he wants them to do, "hey CB1, play a quarter zone, CB3 play a hook zone, LE blitz, RE blitz, DT blitz" etc. That is total bull shit in my opinion and indefensible. I also think the level of audibles on O is also border line illegal.

Also agree on the Manning thing, ridiculous thing to say. He audibles once he see's what the D is doing, not before getting to the LoS.

Also the unsim running is bull shit, I don't and also haven't played anyone else that runs like Eder. I use juke and stiff arm and not swerve around like an idiot. If that isn't taking advantage of the AI I don't know what is. If this is legal then I'm gonna start doing it too.

I'm not going to refuse to play the Vikings though like you truly, I just refuse to play sim against the Vikings.

The sad thing is I think Eder is very good at Madden and would be even without all his antics. This isn't a witch hunt, the reason it bothers me is I can deal with losing (I do it often enough) and have been involved in both blow out and really tight losses and while gutting at the time I have no problem with it if I lose fairly. The reason this thread even exists is because when you lose and you feel unfair play has taken place it is a different story altogether.

Just my 2 cents.




Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 590
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 31
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by brza37 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry guys as i mentioned before I've been busy as hell this week. As a result I haven't had a chance to check the video yet or handle some other complaints filling up my inbox recently. I'm out right now but will try to get tothis and all other issues Sunday.

In the meantime remember this. The video was posted so the he said-he said (i take it there's no women amongtthe group) Shit could stop & everyone could watch & form there own opinions. If everyone is supposed to form their own opinions then its natural that not all opinions will be the same. So don't turn this into a battle to convert everyone to your personal view.

Sim is the name of the league so its an important issue. And I know sim discussions can get heated. However the most important aspect of the league & the first rule in the book that everyone agreed to is showing respect. And I sadly see a lack of it right here. If people wanna get cussed at over a game they can join random online Madden or CoD games. People came here expecting to deal with other mature adults and play madden without stress.

Disagreements happen but I won't have personal attacks here and people's opinions being trashed. If you can't treat others with respect you will be booted.

_________________

brza37
Admin

Posts : 1841
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 36
Location : Germany

View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by trulyinfemous on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:39 pm

@Notorious_MH wrote:
I'm not going to refuse to play the Vikings though like you truly, I just refuse to play sim against the Vikings.

The sad thing is I think Eder is very good at Madden and would be even without all his antics. This isn't a witch hunt, the reason it bothers me is I can deal with losing (I do it often enough) and have been involved in both blow out and really tight losses and while gutting at the time I have no problem with it if I lose fairly. The reason this thread even exists is because when you lose and you feel unfair play has taken place it is a different story altogether.

Just my 2 cents.




This is the sad thing we're getting to and this, LTown is why it isn't a 'witch-hunt' as you like to call it. I am not the only person who thinks what Eder does is un-sim and the video provides evidence for this. Credit to Eder for recording it and finally allowing us to see exactly what he does that is so unsim because quite frankly I've never faced anything like it.

Notorious, I really wouldn't recommend playing un-sim vs Eder. It will only justify his play and put you on the same level as him. It'll undermine the integrity of the league entirely. If you don't want to play a cheeser, don't play them. Don't fall into the trap of playing unsim. Fighting fire with fire doesn't help anything, it will just signal the end of the league.

This is a SIM league. Whenever there is any indication that something un-sim has happened in this league it is imperative that it is highlighted and rectified. If the player does not change their unsim ways, as Eder hasn't since his involvement in the league, then any complaint or compiling of complaints does not count as a 'witch hunt'. It serves the singular purpose of defending the integrity of the league.

I apologise if anything I have said can be considered disrespectful. It was not my intention and I'm sorry if anything I say is offensive to anyone.

I hope we can maintain a fair and reasonable discussion about things and that we can have a real resolution to this issue.
Brza, I think you'll be shocked when you see the video.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by MeisterEder69 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks brza,
the reason i kept quiet until now is not because i think: man.... they disovered my evil plan of ruining the league Very Happy . Its because i wanted everyone to keep calm and build their own opinion. I would love to talk about your point of views but not on this offensive level. I dont feel like we´re looking for a solution. i feel like truly tries to say: Eder is the devil - ban him from this league.
I really can explain what i´m thinking while im playing and why i´m doing it and you can believe me the reason is not: i want to win whatever it takes Smile

I like this league and want us to have good time together. You are all welcome to give us feedback. I have just one request. if you dont understand what i´m doing or you see something you think thats unsim - ask me why i´m doing it and dont start to interpret rightaway what i might have thought.

Thank you

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 403
Join date : 2011-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by trulyinfemous on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:05 pm

My feedback has been pretty clear, play Sim Madden Eder.

I don't see what has been so offensive about anyone's comments here either, you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. I haven't said anything in these comments about banning you Eder. All I've said is that I refuse to play you. Thats not offensive or unfair. I'm sorry if you are offended by me saying that you are un-sim Eder, I won't retract that though because it is true.
You and LTown are trying to say that I have some sort of personal vendetta against you specifically. I don't. I don't know you. All I can do is judge what sort of Madden player you are, and you're a unsim. That's all I am saying. I couldn't care less if you were the devil, an alien, an angel or whatever, you don't play sim Madden and haven't ever either. Everytime I have played you I have encountered the same exploitative play.
How about you tell us what is so offensive here, because you're just hiding from the issue in saying that. I'd really like to hear what you have to say on this matter besides the fact you think I'm trying to enact some personal vengeance against you. Please, do actually tell us what you're doing or how you think what you're doing is sim. LTown tried to and I can respect that, you have stayed surprisingly quiet on the matter.

The solution would be you learning to play sim Madden Eder, as in, stopping all the cheesy things you do that we have highlighted from this video.

We're not assuming or even trying to interpret what you think when you're doing what you're doing. The video directly shows us absolutely everything we need to see.

Why would we need to ask you 'why' you do it when you're doing it?

You think just because I may think or feel a certain way that excuses being a cheeser in a sim league?

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by Notorious_MH on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:41 pm

If I offended you Eder I also apologise, you seem like a nice chap and I have no problem whatsoever with individuals. That being said I knew from experience that the Vikings played borderline unsim but I think it is clear from the video that it isn't borderline, it is obvious. Night and day, black and white.
If I am in the minority and everyone else is ok with this kind of play then I will keep quiet and continue on my merry way but will adjust my play style accordingly.

It also doesn't matter the reasons why you play the way you do eder, that is irrelevant. It is unsporting and against the rules (in my opinion).

The only reason I am saying any of this is because I want people to know that truly isn't the only one who feels like this, nobody else has said anything so I felt it my duty. I don't think this is anything personal on his part, he just shares the same love for this game and league as we all do and we all want to see everyone have fun, enjoy the game and play fair, sim football.

Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 590
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 31
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by trulyinfemous on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Thank you Noto.

It isn't personal at all, I just don't like playing unsim games, its as simple as that.

I'm surprised no one else has watched the video? Is there some problem with the link still or? Works perfectly fine for me.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by Pastinator on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:16 pm

i watched abit of it but the poor quality and the length of it i just turned it off lol Smile

Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 801
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 28
Location : Lincolnshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by Chimpy_Nuts on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:29 pm

@Pastinator wrote:i watched abit of it but the poor quality and the length of it i just turned it off lol Smile
Same for me. Same with all the posts as well, just too long for me to bother reading.

Although, I did laugh at the notion that playing Manning under center is the same as playing Jared Allen at 3-4 DE... Shotgun QB... Classic. haha

Chimpy_Nuts
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by scousebronco on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:36 pm

@trulyinfemous wrote:Thank you Noto.

It isn't personal at all, I just don't like playing unsim games, its as simple as that.

I'm surprised no one else has watched the video? Is there some problem with the link still or? Works perfectly fine for me.

I still can't get it to work on my laptop(is on it's last legs Sad ) or phond so will have 2 wait till Xmas when my son gets a Ipad Wink .

scousebronco
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-08-01
Location : Liverpool England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by Notorious_MH on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 pm

In all honesty you aren't missing much scouse, when I started watching I wasn't sure if the tv being used was from the 70's, whether the camera was from the 80's or whether I was watching a Madden 97 video. I hope for Eders sake it's the camera lol.

Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 590
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 31
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by MeisterEder69 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:12 pm

hahaha dont worry - its my laptop camera Very Happy

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 403
Join date : 2011-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by trulyinfemous on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm

@scousebronco wrote:
@trulyinfemous wrote:Thank you Noto.

It isn't personal at all, I just don't like playing unsim games, its as simple as that.

I'm surprised no one else has watched the video? Is there some problem with the link still or? Works perfectly fine for me.

I still can't get it to work on my laptop(is on it's last legs Sad ) or phond so will have 2 wait till Xmas when my son gets a Ipad Wink .

lol damn Sad

is everyone else having this issue then?

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video SB VI - Vikings vs Bills

Post by brza37 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:40 pm

It took me a while to review the video but as I said before it is a serious issue so I needed to give it appropriate attention and time to come to a conclusion. So this is my take on the rule violations in the SB Video:

1) Too many hot routes on defense. Violation of O10) Excessive offensive audibles and hot routes (changing formations):
- The rule was written under offense but its logical that if its not acceptable on O than it shouldn't be on D either. Theres just too many ways to take advantage of the AI by making so many hot routes and the developers themselves have said its the main reason there is no play creator because they can't account for all the possible combos that can break the AI.

2) Constantly re-blitzing all Dlineman breaks the mixing up playcalling rule but is also a known tactic in nano-blitzes - G7) Mixing up Playcalling
"When making adjustments on the field pre-snap, be sure that you are not making the exact same adjustments on every play. Constant press coverage, constant line stunts, shifting the DL and linebackers in the same manner every play and the like falls under the category of not mixing up play calling, and is frowned upon. In addition, moving anyone other than the player you will control is prohibited."
- Eder did not appear to try to do nanos as he made no unsim shifts or player placement. However, constantly doing the same hot routes is against the rules.

3) Not enough variation in D plays. Called Cover3 21 of 30 defensive plays - G7. Mixing up the Playcalling:
"On defense, be sure to mix up coverages, blitzes, and the like. Showing blitz should be used sparingly, but can be an option to mix it up. Sitting in Cover 3 or DE Contain all game, for example, is prohibited."

Other issues that didn't happen often but I'd like to reiterate so everyone is aware about them and doesn't use them in their own gameplay.

- Moving players on D but switching to someone else before the play starts. - D1) Moving Players:
"On defense, shifting linebackers, defensive backs and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move a individual defensive player manually before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment.
You are NOT allowed to move a DL or LBer far outside the tackle box for blitzing purposes."

- Zigzag run at 25:35 - its okay to cut once against the grain but what was done at the 25:35 mark was zigging back and forth at least 3 times (anything more than once isn't realistic or allowed). It happens occasionally in real life but not without losing any speed as it does in Madden. It confuses the AI and is also nearly indefensible for human opponents in Madden.
I watched the entire game and only saw a zigzag run from the Vikings once but wanted to point it out since some people have been asking what is and what isn't allowed.

Eder had been warned in past seasons about gameplay issues although not these specific ones. The Vikings will be suspended for three weeks. Starting now they are on autopilot until Week 8.

I'd also like to add that because of the way this issue was handled future complaints with video review will be dealt with privately unless both owners are willing to post video so everyone can see both sides of the game from each player's perspective.

With that I'm going to close this thread and I ask everyone to bury this. If anyone feels they still have something to say then please take it up with me privately.

_________________

brza37
Admin

Posts : 1841
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 36
Location : Germany

View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum