Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 am by Blitzburgh4891

February 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Important announcement to all SML Head Coaches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important announcement to all SML Head Coaches

Post by Bishbosh1985 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 pm

All - the commish is currently extremely busy juggling work, home, holidays and our fine league so i've taken it upon myself to comment. Recently there have been a lot of comms regarding various subjects, some objective, some not so objective, and quite a few actions that need to be addressed - not necessarily by warnings/bans etc, but with common sense.

I dont feel detailed references are required, but we all need to consider a few things that in many instances have been forgotten, or at least strategically avoided.

Firstly, the obvious one. In the words of the greatest philosopher to hit a high C, Aretha Franklin - R E S P E C T. There are a lot of guys who have been in SML since the start, a lot of guys who have joined over the last year or so and i'm seeing some unusual things being posted, and some unusual scores (particularly v cpu). There are always reasons and i feel its an important point - and i think a most valid one - and that is that the game we all have a most unhealthy addiction for just completely took our enthusiasm, screwed it up and threw it in the garbage can with Pro-Evo soccer.

In other words, EA has really not looked after online fran. The XP system is a joke, at least in previous Maddens we all waited for the progs and regressions to find out how a players skill set turns out at the end of a season but with XP it just doesn't work for online fran. Plus, the run game has lost the element of realism. Running between the tackles is harder, as we often see our HB's running into the back of an O lineman and falling over with yards of kentucky bluegrass in front of him. Whilst its not impossible to run up the middle, its just a lot harder to do it effectively as EA seem to have focused on the aesthetically 'pleasing' act of everyone falling over each others ankles somewhat dramtically after a play is whistled dead. The claims that DB's could not intercept a pass without turning their head and seeing the ball is BS - my rookie CB caught an int while facing the opposite direction.

However, EA has made M13 worse than M12 overall. But, i honestly think due to the game we love taking a wrong turn down the development road there are all kinds of accusations and complaints that i honestly believe are borne out of frustration at EA's poor handling of this incarnation.

Guys - to sum up - its a sport we love, and the competitive nature within a league is just as important as the camaraderie - but, the game itself is 3rd on my list of importance. I think we have all been duped by EA this year, no doubt we'll all be here for M14 ready to forgive and forget. But, M13 is not great - lets enjoy the banter, the competition and the interaction through the site and not take M13 as seriously as we have all been doing since August.

Recently, a couple of our long standing owners have hung their cleats up - hopefully they will have a short break and return, but i ask you all this question - if our league was going along as normal without the recent 'activity' would the HC's in question have decided to take a break at this point? Maybe yes, maybe no - but i like to think more likely a no.

If there is a serious issue then the correct way to deal with it is to go directly to Brza, the minute an accusatory post is made public common decency is compromised and things degenerate pretty swiftly (and i admit to have made this mistake myself). Anything else should be taken in the spirit of the league - not the spirit of EA's latest offering.

We can only have fun this year if we accept the games shortcomings, and the fact that it is ..... just a game. The relationships we've built are far more important than a sub-standard Madden release.

Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Important announcement to all SML Head Coaches

Post by Notorious_MH on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Well said Bish. I have spoken to Eder privately to ensure my posts weren't taken the wrong way. I got to say though I think 13 is a huge improvement over 12, lots of things to build on and iron out but the foundation is there for a great game next year.

Unusual scores vs the cpu? Yeah my last game I won 10-6! Watch out world, dem Lions are a coming! lol.

Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks Bish. Much appreciated.

brza37
Admin

View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 am

WORD!

MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am

Amen Brother Bish!

afro

AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:20 pm

This is true Bish, however I do feel this is slightly indirectly aimed at me as I did have a questionable CPU score which Brza mentioned to me and I got a dutiful warning for. You however have stayed quiet, as have Brza and most of the league, on the Eder video which completely proves that his gamestyle is unsim. Without the public complaint would it have been revealed that he records every user game in case of allegations? Would we all have had the opportunity (which many have not taken) to see what exactly it is that is un-sim Eder does?

My 'accusatory post' was proven correct. While this is not the ideal way to go about things, it highlighted an issue that a lot of people had and exposed the truth. Of course, doing this sets a bad precedent and is not the way to deal with everything. I did however message Brza directly when I was still in the Superbowl game telling him what was up and I'm sure everyone in the league understands that messaging Brza is always the FIRST port of call before any post on the matter.

I appreciate the sentiment of the post completely and disrespect is never my MO, however the game is significantly better than M12 and so is CCM/Online Fran. To try and blame cheese issues or CPU score running issues on EA and Madden is wrong IMO, as every Madden has had that issue. Its down to the owners, myself included, to adhere to rules set by the league so that great owners like Afro and Jens do not leave the league.

As you say Bish, we must respect the league and each other. The moment we accept cheese or, as Noto was implying, start fighting cheese with cheese, the entire sanctity of the league is compromised. Calling for peace is the right sentiment, but I feel it may be beyond that point now. It is up to the league to collectively pass judgement on the biggest point of contention and that is whether Eder plays sim Madden or not.

Without watching the video or commenting on that thread we cannot create a discourse that exorcises the issues that you are attempting to address in this post.

On an unrelated note I still cry sometimes at the fall from grace Pro Evo had... man those games on PS2 were almost perfect.

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Infemous, Re: Superbowl 6. This stuff takes time & unfortunately I haven't had much lately. It hasn't been forgotten and I will make a statement when ready.
It would be easier to deal with the situation if two sides stop arguing about it though. A few opinions have been made known & I appreciate the input. No need to keep bringing it up unless someone new wants to add their opinion. I will deal with it as soon as possible.

Also eder told everyone seasons ago that he records his games.

And you are not the only one who has been warned recently. I never thought I'd have to do it but I will make a public thread to list warnings and bans soon.

brza37
Admin

View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Oh I understand Brza, its not easy. I definitely didn't watch the whole game but I skipped forward in places so that I could get more of a gist. Everything that'd need to be seen was seen on the first few drives though.

I'm glad that is the case, I'd assumed due to the silence that it had been forgotten or was being ignored for 'peace of the league' which to me would have looked like it could have descended pretty badly.
I've said as much as I can say without having to watch more of the video so there will be no more about it until you've seen it.

I did have a few madden seasons off where I assume that would have been mentioned because I had absolutely zero knowledge that he recorded his games.

Thats a shame about the list but if it works it works. I think sometimes people can allow reputation to proceed them, I know that if I was a new member but I saw my score and didn't know I'd been warned for it I'd think there was a pass on that sort of style of play. If that makes any sense at all lol

Think a more public forum to discuss points of contention is always a good thing. Differing opinions and discussion as well as games are what make the league after all!

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:53 pm

59-0 a slightly questionable score? You think?

People who run up scores and jerk off over how much XP they got are frankly pathetic. There. I've said it.

GBDawg1
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile http://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Well, if you look at it, the CPU completed 2 passes and I wasn't deflecting every pass.

I didn't actually get much XP as I didn't pad one individuals stats and I sure as hell didn't jerk off over the score.

The only thing I did that was against the rules in that game was go for it on 4th 3 times. All were shorter than 2 yards and just outside of field goal range. One was just to finish off running the clock in the 4th and the others were in the first quarter.

I think comments like yours are better kept unposted bro, especially considering this post is calling for respect lol

trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top