Sim Madden League Europe - PS4 Online Franchise

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We are moving to a new forum on Wednesday Nov. 26th! -------------- www.vgforums.co.uk -------------- Please register there as soon as possible
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saints Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:24 am by Bishbosh1985

» Vikings Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am by MeisterEder69

» M15 - Season 1 Offseason Schedule and Draft Date Poll
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm by brza37

» General Query - Position Changes
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm by brza37

» Chiefs Trade Block
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm by TDavey88

» Texans Trade Block - Includes first round pick
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm by KevyD13

» Saints 'Post FA/Pre-draft/Pre-suicide' Trade Block
Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 am by Bishbosh1985

» Chiefs Eagles
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm by TDavey88

» Eagles Trade Block
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am by brza37

January 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
World Time

Share | 

League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 pm

This has not been easy but after a lot of consideration I’ve come to the decision to shut down the league after the playoffs until the new game, Madden 25, comes out on August 27th.

As most of you know SML Europe has had much better days and the goal will be to get back to the level of ownership, interaction, competition and fun that we’ve had in past seasons. Many past owners lost interest in Madden 13 but have promised to return for next year. We have over 30 owners who have been a part of the league for at least one full season at one point in time or another and I’m sure a large part of them will return next year. In addition to them we’ll start a campaign for new owners beginning in late July/early August to make sure we get back to a full 32-owner league with more on the waiting list. As a result we will also go back to playing on All-Pro level (where ratings really matter) next year since CPU games should be a rarity again.

Also, the rules are still in effect for the remaining games this year so keep it sim for the rest of the playoffs.

Again, the league will definitely be back for Madden 25 so make sure to check the site in early August at the latest to reserve your team. I will definitely reserve the current teams for all members who stuck it through this past season. Just make sure to pop back in here in August to confirm your team.
Also, I will keep the forum running during the downtime and post updates regarding Madden 25 as soon as they come out. Feel free to post here too and generally use the forum as usual to keep in touch.

And thanks to everyone who contributed to the league this year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Tue May 07, 2013 9:24 pm

This is a real shame Brza, has been real fun and I'd like to thank you, LTown and Bish for the management of such a fun league (Should I say season? :S) I'm looking forward to Madden 25 to an extent but would love to continue general discourse on here surrounding the new game.

I will definitely be in for a Madden league next year, however I am in two minds as to how quickly I want to go next gen, depending on release dates, differences in the current and next gen versions of Madden etc.

Pastapadre has said a lot of stuff about PS4 not getting some Madden elements or something right away, although I don't believe it.

I also am scared that I get GTA V and choose to pass on Madden on PS3 until next gen, but this is all stuff we'll discuss when we know more about the game.

I'm sure that in some capacity, be it PS3 or PS4 I will join you in a league and I'd like to state that I'd be happy to keep my Bills Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Fri May 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey all - ill be back playing madden - will be choosing a different team however. What's the thought on the next gen? Will we be starting the new league on the ps3?

Unsure whether ill be getting the new playstation or Xbox yet waiting for more info to come out on the Xbox and of course the all important prices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Fri May 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Good to hear Pasty - i think the PS4 Madden 2 version i.e. August 2014 will be very exciting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Sat May 11, 2013 1:06 pm

We will definitely start on PS3 in August/early September. The next-gen systems probably won't be out till November. Guess we can figure out if it makes sense to start a second league on next-gen based on everyones impressions this fall. But I'd bet well be on ps3 until 2014.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Wed May 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Sounds like a plan - looks like the big switch to next gen will take place for Madden 15. Still very much undecided about who ill be picking!

Almost certain though that ill be returning to the AFC. Apart from the people that were owners of their team until the final game of this game, how will we decide teams for other owners commish?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 am

Good question. I'll use the same method as last year and post a list where the guys who've been in the league for the most seasons will get to pick first.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Thu May 16, 2013 4:03 pm

brza37 wrote:
Good question. I'll use the same method as last year and post a list where the guys who've been in the league for the most seasons will get to pick first.

Sounds good! is the order sorted by when each person registered with the forum? think itll be fun to do a little " Mock Draft " Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Thu May 16, 2013 4:56 pm

A Mock Draft is a cool idea. Here's the list based mainly on when owners left the league during Madden 13.

brza
LTown
Bishbosh
MeisterEder
trulyinfemous
KingMorchel
notorious
sarhosh
ilovelamp
Pastinator
OSS
scousebronco
Pooky
AfroDizzyMac
Jensua
RyanBendis
Jimmety
GBDawg
Dazinkster
martino

Everyone else will just be added to the list on a first come first serve basis since the rest weren't involved in M13 for at least a full season.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Thu May 16, 2013 9:14 pm

hey Pasty, top 10 pick mate affraid

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Fri May 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Top ten pick woohoo ! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Mon May 20, 2013 3:56 pm

I was a pretty big fan of the offseason the CPU had for me... Julio Jones in FA was a fantastic signing... Although I'd have gone for AJ Green myself lol Will be interesting to see what they say about Connected Franchise tonight. I'm still undecided whether I will buy M25 on PS3 although I know for sure that there is no way I'd get an XBox. Every rumour I've heard has been bad, in addition to all the typical hidden charges Microsoft hit you with. I think for me, I need to find out how much the PS4 will retail for to determine when I get it. I also need to see the opening line up and if Madden on Next Gen will be essential or not. GTA V will suffice until the PS4 comes out and if Madden and FIFA on PS4 release looks dope then I'll just get those two games to start with and see you on that side. If not, then I will happily join up again here on PS3!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Mon May 20, 2013 3:57 pm

man i pressed post and it just deleted all my formatting... sorry for the block of text!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)   Today at 12:27 am

Back to top Go down

League Shutting Down until new Madden (August)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1