[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Re: When are you getting Madden 25 for PS4?

Post by brza37 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:21 pm

We've always played 8 minute quarters with accelerated clock Ryan. Guess it wasn't too long if you didn't notice it before :)The clock automatically runs down to 18 seconds each time theres a huddle so the game has a true NFL pace. It doesn't really take any longer than a game with 5 or 6 minute quarters without accelerated clock.

By the way, we've got 22 teams signed up now!

View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBJosh on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 am

sorry for my late reply, just moved house, everything set up now, PS4, TV Included, so I can start whenever is good for yous all
DBJosh
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:55 am

8 mins is the best qtr length. I have played in a lge with 9 min qtrs and it does 'feel' a tad long. 

Ryan - 8 min qtrs means a full game tends to last approx 1 hr 10 mins.

Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:33 pm

What are we doing for playbooks, are custom playbooks or downloaded playbooks allowed? It seems very un-sim if you can't create your own offense for your coach. Also is anything changing in regards to hurry up offense? It is a genuine tactic in the NFL now but has always been considered cheating on Madden, will fast paced O's be allowed? Lastly does anyone know if there a way to set position substitutions by formation like in NCAA instead of having to change everything on the fly like Madden was during the previous generation?
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:48 pm

ok, i thought we played 6 min qtr ... then is all ok Smile ... is it possible to use custom playbooks online? thought you can use custom playbooks just in offline games?
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:45 am

@Notorious_MH wrote:What are we doing for playbooks, are custom playbooks or downloaded playbooks allowed? It seems very un-sim if you can't create your own offense for your coach. Also is anything changing in regards to hurry up offense? It is a genuine tactic in the NFL now but has always been considered cheating on Madden, will fast paced O's be allowed? Lastly does anyone know if there a way to set position substitutions by formation like in NCAA instead of having to change everything on the fly like Madden was during the previous generation?

I've been thinking about those questions for a while too. In the past we were a bit concerned that if we allowed custom playbooks basically everyone would end up using pretty much the same plays. But I guess prohibiting custom playbooks doesn't really solve the issue as a bunch of people ended up using the Patriots PB last year anyway. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. As you said each coach should be able to change his offense or defense the way he sees fit. So custom playbooks should be allowed, just need to make sure that the playbooks are generally as large and as balanced as the standard ones and not just 20-25 plays.

The hurry-up offense is a bigger issue in my opinion. I've been going back and forth on it this year especially since my Eagles have yet to huddle up all season. I just wish Madden could get the no-huddle done right like in NCAA. In NCAA the no-huddle offense is much more realistic. Players get to the line at a realistic speed and the entire playbook for your personnel grouping is still available to each team. You can rush a defense but it doesn't feel cheap and unrealistic like in Madden. In Madden the entire offense lines up in 2 seconds and can have a new play called and ready to snap within 5 seconds while the defensive line generally has problems just getting lined up onsides, let alone calling a play. I'd like to allow it considering so many teams are going no-huddle this year but the way its implemented in Madden is problematic. If there was a way to restrict it so teams couldn't snap the ball before there are 25 seconds on the play clock then I'd be all for it. If guys can't self-police themselves to let the playclock run down to at least 25 seconds (which is still really fast, the Eagles have the quickest avg. snap time and that is just above 21 seconds on the playclock with the Pats close behind then a big gap to the next team) then we shouldn't allow it. I don't want to deal with a lot of complaints about guys snapping too fast. The share function should make this easier to police though so I'd consider changing the rule if everyone agrees to wait till a minimum of 25 seconds are left on the playclock before snapping in non-hurry up situations (outside of 2 minutes or not trailing in the 4th Quarter.) What does everyone think?

Also, we're up to 12 teams who now have the game. So we could technically kick things off this weekend. I'm still waiting on the birth of my son so its a bit hard to predict exactly when we can start but I think I should be able to create the league this weekend and as soon as all twelve guys join on PS4 we can get the preseason started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:56 am

Ryan - I honestly don't know, I haven't spent a lot of time with Madden I just assumed that custom playbooks were usable, weren't they in M13 but we chose not to go down that road?

Brza - If it is possible to use custom playbooks personally I think it would bring quite a lot to the experience of creating your coach. I know that as the Rams I am going to be looking to get the ball in Tavon Austins hands in space and being able to hand pick plays and create my own PB would be really cool. It would also allow guys who draft say, a mobile QB to add in some read option stuff to take advantage of their new weapon which is one of my favourite things from NCAA, being able to change and adapt.
I agree though, I think the max number of plays is 400 so a custom PB should have at least 200 and some variety and not just 200 counters sweeps and stretches.

I had completely forgotten how Madden handled the hurry up as I've been playing so much NCAA, it probably makes it too cheesy to implement properly in the league. The max number of plays you would have at your disposal would be around 8 with the audibles and quick audibles which would only lead to spamming 2 or 3 plays over and over and like you said about the way Madden handles getting to the line of scrimmage it probably makes it too un-sim to use. Which is a shame.

I'm fine to start whenever and would have no problem with this weekend or waiting until after Christmas, it sounds as though you'll be pretty busy quite soon so whenever it works for you. Congratulations on your imminent arrival too.
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xxeternalxx on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm fine to start whenever, and custom playbooks would certainly be nice. I don't mind hurry ups either, though I guess it depends on how long the other person can spare to play.
xxeternalxx
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:37 pm

We gotta be careful here guys - especially with custom PB's. They were not allowed in ccm on M13 but would not benefit us if they were included, as they are in M25. 

There are 10 Pistol plays that are nigh-on unstoppable as the whole option thing is over-powered. I know of 2 leagues who are considering banning the option altogether because it is causing so many issues.

If custom PB's are allowed it leans toward a cheese fest as by season 2 or 3 everyone knows what the best plays are and everyone runs a very similar PB.

My advice after playing m25 on PS3 is avoid custom PB's. Also, the option needs consideration because put the 9ers, Hawks, Skins or Panthers in the hands of a decent player and the rest are playing for draft picks.

Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xxeternalxx on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:04 pm

I've scarcely ever used pistol and only tried read option for the first time earlier this year, on PS3. Clearly need to broaden my horizons Very Happy
xxeternalxx
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Hello boys,

i own the game but i will get my ps4  probably in in january.

To be honest i´m pretty excited about cutom playbooks. but you´re right - if it becomes to cheesy it wont be cool. in my opinion we shouldnt ban custom PB or option plays right from the beginning. we should play a season and when it turns out to be unstoppable we can still make a rule change for season 2
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 pm

The share feature really works to our advantage because now it's easier than ever to report people cheesing. I know we have quite a few guys that have joined for the new year that I haven't played against so can't speak for but I think I can speak for the core guys we have here, I know I certainly feel this way, that if there are 10 unstoppable plays I have zero interest in winning that way. At the end of the day we play for fun and I want to win (or lose) by running an offense that I build by playing fair and I think most others do too. If people do take the piss then they should be suspended, why should those of us who want to play fair be penalised due to others. At the end of the day if the read option is over powered and there are unstoppable pistol plays, whats to stop someone wanting to use them from just choosing an original PB that already has them. That's my 2 cents.
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 pm

hi,

in this case i prefer the custom playbooks ... i tried it out online and it gaves me much more options ... furthermore it makes fun to build your own playbook and set up your own game plan.
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Gents, as i said above - the league i am playing PS3 in has just banned the pistol formation because of the over-powered plays. There are some issues of 'decency' involved if custom PB's are allowed. 

The long standing leagues have never allowed custom PB's - i see the attraction of building your own PB, but then everyone ends up with the same 'money plays'.

Personally i think customs are a no brainer, they would be bad for the league. The big issue we need to address is the pistol PB……...

Hall of Fame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Sorry guys for the lack of info lately but I really underestimated the whole child bearing thing. The missus and my boy are both doing fine though so everythings good  Very Happy  

Things are starting to settle down a little and I'm getting used to the lack of sleep so I should be able to get things set up over the next couple days. However, with the holidays coming up I anticipate that most people will be pretty busy anyway. So I will plan the kickoff for Saturday the 28th and I'll send out more info about when and how to join the league on PS4, preseason, free agency, the advance schedule etc. next week.

About the custom PB's I also think that the PS4 share feature is a huge tool that will help ensure using custom PBs won't turn into money plays and cheese problems. But apparently, we may not have a chance to use custom PBs anyway in the league because there are reports that CFM games freeze when using them:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-next-gen/691061-custom-playbook-crash.html

I understand the concerns about the Pistol and overpowered plays/formations being overused but I don't want to prohibit that stuff right off the bat before we've even tried it out on PS4. The game does play a bit differently on the new system and we could just be worrying about nothing. I was actually excited to see that the curl is no longer an automatic 10 yards vs. man. The first time and maybe even second time its pretty easy but then the CBs seem to adjust or guess and break on the ball quicker to swat it down or even take it back to the house. I'm sure not all legacy issues are solved but its possible that there are enough counters for each "money play" that we don't have to fear custom PBs anymore.

Thats what the preseason is good for. Seeing if these types of things can be controlled without completely banning stuff. We also plan on playing multiple seasons so we always have the option of adding additional rules or prohibitions after we get a chance to test things out in actual head-to-head games and see what really are the problem areas.

If you guys notice anything that could be a problem please post here or let me know. The more input we have about the issues the more sim we can keep this league.

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:53 pm

I finally got my ps 4 today !!!!! LETS GOO!!!!
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Just a heads up for everyone. The league has been created on PS4 with the most recent EA rosters. I will send out invites later. When you join on PS4 it is important that you all CREATE A COACH. No existing coaches will be allowed because of the huge differences in coach levels that effect XP and progression. We want everyone to start off on as even a playing field as possible so creating a coach is the only way to ensure this.

I am currently setting up the league layout at http://daddyleagues.com/SMLEurope
I hope to get that finished before Christmas but in the meantime if you aren't already registered at Daddy Leagues, please do that too because all roster transactions (releases, signings etc.) should be done only on that website. The website also lays out the stats in a much better format than the EA site and will be the center of other cool features like Player of the Week and Game of the Week.

Its free to register and use all the features so just click the button "Register" to do that. The button "Join Now" is only for commissioners to host a league and costs $33 for a year but I've already paid the fee. If you would like to contribute I won't turn down a donation but its not necessary.

The league twitch site is already set up and had its first test run on Sunday. You can find that here:
http://www.twitch.tv/simmaddenleagueeurope

I'll post more info about twitch and plans for regular streaming as well as Monday Night Football streams later on as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante1983 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:04 am

Hi, I'll be in vacation till the 5th of january. When to we Start to Play Games?
Dante1983
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:26 am

Preseason games started yesterday with the regular season starting on the 1st I believe

All-Madden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top