Sim Madden League Europe - PS4 Online Franchise

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We are moving to a new forum on Wednesday Nov. 26th! -------------- www.vgforums.co.uk -------------- Please register there as soon as possible
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saints Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:24 am by Bishbosh1985

» Vikings Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am by MeisterEder69

» M15 - Season 1 Offseason Schedule and Draft Date Poll
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm by brza37

» General Query - Position Changes
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm by brza37

» Chiefs Trade Block
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm by TDavey88

» Texans Trade Block - Includes first round pick
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm by KevyD13

» Saints 'Post FA/Pre-draft/Pre-suicide' Trade Block
Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 am by Bishbosh1985

» Chiefs Eagles
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm by TDavey88

» Eagles Trade Block
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am by brza37

January 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
World Time

Share | 

Madden 25: Important League Info Source

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:56 pm

We'll be kicking off in just a few days now. The league has been created using the latest roster update and invites have been sent. Here's all the important information about the league in one place.

You can now join the league on PS4 with the invite.
When you join on PS4 it is important that you all CREATE A COACH. No existing coaches will be allowed because of the huge differences in coach levels that effect XP and progression. We want everyone to start off on as even a playing field as possible so creating a coach is the only way to ensure this.

If you didn't receive an invite check your PSN Messages for info on how to search for the league and the password for joining.
Games and roster moves won't be active until Saturday though.

Our league stats and roster management site is also now set up:
http://daddyleagues.com/SMLEurope

If you aren't already registered at Daddy Leagues, you need to do that too and request to join our league there because all roster transactions (releases, signings etc.) should can also be done only on that website. The website also lays out the stats in a much better format than the EA site and will be the center of other cool features like Player of the Week and Game of the Week. 

Its free to register and use all the features so just click the button "Register" to do that. The button "Join Now" is only for commissioners to host a league and costs $33 for a year but I've already paid the fee. If you would like to contribute I won't turn down a donation but its not necessary.

The league twitch site is also set up and had its first test run on Sunday. You can find that here:
http://www.twitch.tv/simmaddenleagueeurope

We'll be using that to stream the Game of the Week (for even numbered weeks in game) every Monday generally around 8pm UK time (21:00 CET). Any other users that want to stream other games or have them archived can also do that there too. Just contact me for details.

On Saturday once the league is advanced to the Pre-Season you can practice, play your game and upgrade players or coaches on PS4. If you have a human opponent use the Game Scheduling thread. The same rules apply to Pre-Season games, especially regarding padding stats and running up the score. Starters should not be kept in the game more than 2 quarters. Any signs that that is not being followed will result in a suspension. Roster transactions (releases and signings) should only be done at daddyleagues.com/smleurope .

For the Pre-Season, a maximum of 2 free agents can be signed per team. This is to give everyone a chance at signing players and to keep one team from completely upgrading their roster with the sometimes highly overrated free agent pool. If more than 2 players are signed during the pre-season you will be forced to cut them and will have to deal with the cap penalty. Once the regular season starts you are all free to sign who you want. 

The regular season will begin on Wednesday January 1st and will last until the morning of Sunday Jan. 5th.

I hope thats enough info to get everyone started. If you have any other questions feel free to post them here.

EDIT:
Also, I forgot to post this up top but every team has at least 58 players on the roster right now since guys on IR are still on the EA rosters. We are not playing with pre-existing injuries though so everyone will be healthy to start the season. Before the end of the Pre-Season you will have to cut down your roster to 53 players. If you don't do this in time the CPU will automatically cut players for you. Since the CPU makes some pretty bad cuts (sometimes starters) I'd suggest getting your roster down to 53 as soon as possible.

EDIT2: It is possible to sign and release players on the PS4. When Daddy Leagues synchs it picks up the proper rosters and salaries.

Last edited by brza37 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sml-europe.forumocean.com
AlexBronco
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:58 am

So we cannot sign free agents on the ps4 itself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:15 pm

hello,

i set up a new account for daddyleagues.com. How can i choose my team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:35 pm

AlexBronco wrote:
So we cannot sign free agents on the ps4 itself?
Yeah, you shouldn't sign free agents on PS4 because it could cause problems with the salary cap on daddyleagues. I am asking the daddyleagues developers on the forum though if this bug is now fixed on the current version. When I get an answer I'l let everyone know. Until then its safer to do everything through daddyleagues.

EDIT: It is possible to sign and release players on the PS4. When Daddy Leagues synchs it picks up the proper rosters and salaries.

RyanBendis wrote:
hello,

i set up a new account for daddyleagues.com. How can i choose my team?
Once you register and request to join the league then I need to approve and assign you a team. I'll assign all the teams on Saturday when I advance the league to the Pre-Season.
I just approved your account so you should be able to search all the players and see your team's salary cap now. You won't be able to cut or sign players until Saturday though.

Also, I forgot to post this up top but every team has at least 58 players on the roster right now since guys on IR are still on the EA rosters. Before the end of the Pre-Season you will have to cut down your roster to 53 players. If you don't do this in time the CPU will automatically cut players for you. Since the CPU makes some pretty bad cuts (sometimes starters) I'd suggest getting your roster down to 53 as soon as possible.

Last edited by brza37 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Is there a min roster size Brza? I only ask because if you are below the min the CPU will also allocate players to get you up to min requirements
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah we have a minimum of 50 players per roster in the rules:

brza37 wrote:
Roster Minimum 50: In order to keep the salary cap fair for all, every team must have at least 50 active players on their roster at all times.
I think the EA minimum is much lower though and based only on minimums per position.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:10 am

We advanced to Pre-Season Week 1. You can now play games, release players or sign up to 2 fre agents. You can sign FA's on PS4 or Daddy Leagues.
Next advance will be sunday around 10am.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:16 pm

We advanced to the Regular Season. Injuries have been turned back on. There is no more cap on the number of Free Agents you can sign. Remember to use the game scheduling thread to set up game times with your opponent. We still have 5 players who should be returning from vacation by next week. Next Advance is Sunday morning.

Happy New Year and Happy Gaming!

Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Hello,

just a question: Why is the game speed in a season-game not the same as in a practice-game? Thought the gamespeed will be like the speed in the practice?!

The speed in a season-game is much to slow for my game. Couldnt find my rythm.

Are the sliders in practice and season-games the same? Are the sliders league specific?

greets bendis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:04 pm

If only I knew Bendis. Its gotta be a bug in EA's programming. I set sliders for the whole league but there's no option to set them individually for practice or games. I figured practice would play the same as games and vice versa.But apparently thats not the case.
I actually only noticed a difference in user-user games though. In preseason games versus CPU it seemed the same to me as in practice.

I posted a link to the sliders in another thread but I'll post them here and update when necessary for quicker reference:
SKILL LEVEL - All Pro
PLAYCALL - User Preference
QUARTER LENGTH - 8 Minutes
PLAY CLOCK - ON
ACCELERATED CLOCK - ON
MINIMUM PLAY CLOCK TIME - 20 Seconds
AUTO STRAFE - OFF
HEAT SEEKER - OFF
BALL HAWK - OFF
SWITCH ASSIST - OFF
INJURIES - 40
FATIGUE - 60
GAME SPEED - SLOW
PLAYER SPEED THRESHOLD - 0

PLAYER SKILL
QB Accuracy - 12
Pass Blocking - 45
WR Catching - 68
Run Blocking - 50 (EDIT: Lowered from 55 to 50 at before Week 6 since rushing yards per carry were so high)
Fumbles - 30

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 30
Interceptions -15
Pass Coverage - 35
Tackling - 30

CPU SKILL
QB Accuracy - 30
Pass Blocking - 47 (EDIT: raised from 45 to 47 before Week 6 due to too many sacks vs. CPU. Raising too much leads to Robo QB)
WR Catch - 20
Run Blocking - 60
Fumbles - 35 

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 60
Interceptions - 20
Pass Coverage - 35
Tackling - 85

SPECIAL TEAMS (BOTH HUM & CPU)
FG Power - 52
FG Accuracy - 50
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power - 50

PENALTIES
OFFSIDE - 100
FALSE START - 80
HOLDING - 55
FACE MASK - 53
DEF PASS INTERFERENCE - 80
OFF PASS INTERFERENCE - 80
PUNT CATCH INTERFERENCE - 90
CLIPPING - 55
INTENTIONAL GROUNDING - 90
ROUGHING PASSER - 50
ROUGHING KICKER - 70

The sliders are based off of this set from OS that got a lot of positive feedback:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-next-gen-sliders/685580-sphinx-all-pro-sliders-ps4.html

Last edited by brza37 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm guessing at this, but surely whatever the sliders are for cpu transfers accurately for those games. It is possible user/user games may feel different as the cpu sliders will be much higher than human controls?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:58 pm

I've no idea either and it's such a shame, the game speed is spot on for me in practice and I've yet to play a cpu game but both of my user/user games have been so damn slow, players seem very unresponsive with the ball in their hands. I've got to agree with Brza though, seems like its a problem buried somewhere in the game code, there is only one set of sliders, nothing that can be wrong on our side if it plays correct in practice.

I'd like to hear other peoples opinions though, is everybody experiencing it? Maybe it's an internet speed/server issue, I have a 100Mbs connection and Madden 13 was unplayable at times with lag and disconnections so I wouldn't put it past EA to have F'd up somewhere (again).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:59 pm

User/user games are always going to be slower to some degree than CPU games due to network connection speed and latency. 

With the game speed default set to slow, unless you get a great connection in your matchup, then there is always going to be the risk of a very slow playing game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi,
thanks brza for the informations. I was wondering, because my first H2H game (M25) in our league was so slow, my recievers droped so many balls and brees threw the ball very very inaccurate (like a QB with a 70 rating). Had never before 7 interceptions in one game Smile

In practicemode was everything really good and i had no problems. 

I played a lot H2H games out of our league (normal H2H and Madden Ultimate Team) and i had no speed-problems or accurate-problems.

Maybe it will be better in the next games...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaticGator
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:36 pm

I also experienced extreme inaccurate passing from Alex smith in my head to head game, but not against CPU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:29 am

Hi,

played now my game against the buccaneers (cpu). The gamespeed was very good Smile but had again problems with the accurate and some drops ... lost against the cpu ;( ... but just one interception Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior9674
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:35 am

My quarterback always throws lots of interceptions. 
#AndyDaltonproblems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 pm

lol - the old Daltonitis problem huh

In various leagues M25 Qb accuracy has started off somewhat wild and has had to be adjusted, but don't worry, Brza will sort it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior9674
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 pm

lol - the old Daltonitis problem huh .......... yeah the games too realistic for my liking :0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm

hi,

so i had today my second H2H game. The gamespeed was this time good ... just a bit laggy but ok. Think qb accurate was ok ... but i didnt throw very much.

The gamestatistcs are not correct. I realized it by the numbers of sacks ... i sacked the qb today 3 or 4 times ... but in the statistics is just 1 qb sack Sad

Thought we would play with custom playbooks?! i can choose my custom playbook in the pregame settings ... but ingame i have the playbook i had choose in my team strategy. Is it not possible to play with custom playbook? Because, then i have to learn a new playbook ;(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fledermaus
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:58 am

I think the Custom Playbook has been disabled, not that i have ever used one, as there are playbooks out there that can munipulate gameplay (money plays) etc glitching
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:32 pm

There's still a bug that doesn't allow custom playbooks in online franchises this year.

All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Just adding my 2 cents. I played my first cpu game tonight and for the first time noticed some uncontested wide open drops and it's pretty frustrating. I had around 5 or 6 wide open drops, that doesn't include drops through contact/catches in traffic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DBJosh
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:06 pm

I had alot of drops in my first CPU game, not looking forward to my second one on Saturday Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Guys, it is often the case that sliders have to be adjusted during the first season. But obviously they cannot be adjusted after every game so the boss will be taking a decent sample size and make the relevant changes.

I know Brza is busy right now with moving house and worrying about the Bears return to the field, but keep the comments coming on this thread regarding drops, it's all good.

BUT - just to be clear, we are talking about 'wide open drops' here - not drops after any kind of contact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25: Important League Info Source   Today at 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Madden 25: Important League Info Source
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next