WE ARE Baaaaaaaaack!
More importantly, i am.
The mighty SML resumes normal service as the most important piece of kit hits our fair shores since Kelly Brook dolls. Obviously, i refer to PS4. But what does this gleaming gargantuan gift of gadgetry hold within it's data driven bowels for each and every one of you i wonder? Will anyone be able to beat the legend that is Meister Eder's Vikings. Can the gamut of new Head Coaches handle the intensity? Will Commish Brza meet my new wage demands? Ponder away my friends, but one thing is for sure, when all the previous HC's manage to locate the PS4 lorry and join the field, this will be one helluva season!
And now, a warm welcome for the previously mentioned new guys and a few hints and tips to ensure an enjoyable integration into these hallowed walls.
1. Brza is the boss. A wise, genuine, knowledgeable figurehead wasn't available. (Just kidding boss. 20%…ahem...20%)
2. My name is Scoop McLeak, sports journalist par excellence. Often referred to lovingly as 'that old b*stard'. However, this decrepid hack has forgotten more about this game than you lot will ever know. I am never wrong. I know everything. Check the records.
3. We play sim in SML. If you want to cheese or run a playbook that consists of 4 plays go somewhere else, there are plenty of sub-standard organisations around. We play with respect, if you exhibit unsportsmanlike conduct, cheesey play, or just general teenage girl traits - you will be removed without impunity.
Between the Commish, his team of henchmen and my genius, no-one escapes - if you have nothing to hide, there is nothing to be concerned about.
4. Fear the Minnesota Vikings.
5. Never trade with the Chicago Bears.
6. In fact, you will do well avoiding the NFC North altogether.
7. Stick to the rules and enjoy.
So, there you go, simple really. We will have weekly updates within the SML Times - a pure publication combining Sports Truth AND the Tennessee Titans. All the draft previews, interviews, trade malarkey, reports, Q & A with my good self as well as MNF to look forward to. I am that excited a 3rd bottle of Jack Daniels is required.
To summarise - welcome to all you new guys, tip of the hat to the returning HC's and play hard.
And remember, avoid being dull. If you do not get a mention in my top notch literary nuggets it's because you don't deserve it. Ergo, in the words of the great philosopher Clint Eastwood "go ahead punk, make my day" and force yourself into these pages!
Bye for now. And seek protection.