Sim Madden League Europe - PS4 Online Franchise

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We are moving to a new forum on Wednesday Nov. 26th! -------------- www.vgforums.co.uk -------------- Please register there as soon as possible
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saints Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:24 am by Bishbosh1985

» Vikings Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am by MeisterEder69

» M15 - Season 1 Offseason Schedule and Draft Date Poll
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm by brza37

» General Query - Position Changes
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm by brza37

» Chiefs Trade Block
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm by TDavey88

» Texans Trade Block - Includes first round pick
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm by KevyD13

» Saints 'Post FA/Pre-draft/Pre-suicide' Trade Block
Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 am by Bishbosh1985

» Chiefs Eagles
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm by TDavey88

» Eagles Trade Block
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am by brza37

January 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
World Time

Share | 

Madden 25 Final Season and Activity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:07 pm

As you guys already know, league activity has really tapered off the past few weeks. The past 3 weeks in-game only 7, 4 and 6 of 14 games were played respectively.

It seems like we have fewer than 10 teams still somewhat active and really only about 5 that are playing their games every week. Although, I'm torn about closing the league when anyone is still interested it is a lot of effort to keep going for just a few guys and most of you have already said its not really much fun playing all these cpu games. I wanted to take some momentum into M15 by playing all the way to the end but I think a league this empty could have the opposite effect.

Most owners contacted me or posted here in the forum that they needed a break from Madden but will be back when M15 releases. We will have a full league for Madden 15 based on the commitments we've already gotten and thats not including the usual rush of new comers that will likely happen too come mid-August.

Anyway, I started this thread to ask your opinion on what we should do with Madden 25. We have 5 weeks left till Madden 15 comes out and at this pace we should finish up right at the same time of M15's release. Considering there are fewer than 10 active members now there won't be many more user-user games until we get to the playoffs. The way I see it we've got 3 or possibly 4 options going further with M25.

1. We call off the rest of the season and take a break until Madden 15.

2. We play out the rest of the season as is at the same pace.

3. We speed up the pace with 3 advances per week (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday mornings) so we can finish up sooner and have a week or two break before M15.

4. We call off the rest of the season but organize a round robin tournament in online-friendlies to pass the time until M15 without constantly playing CPU.

Please take a minute and let us all know what you think we should do, which option you'd prefer or even if you've got another idea I should add to the list. Your responses will also let me know who is actually still active and who isn't. I'm also not making a poll because I want to hear why you prefer one option over another and not just see anonymous votes.

Personally, if we're fewer than 10 members I think we should call it quits until M15 because this league is all about head to head games and interaction and not about blowouts versus CPU. But I definitely want to hear your opinions before making any decision on it.

And whichever way we decide, I apologize to the new guys who joined towards the end of last season or the start of this season. We have run this league since Madden 12 and have been close to full capacity for most of the 10 previous seasons. We will get back to that for Madden 15 so please don't let this drop off in activity discourage you from returning for M15.  

By the way, I just watched the Developer Livestream and M15 is looking pretty good. Looking forward to it!

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:27 pm

I'm happy just head to heading as and when I find people online, whatever's easier for you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior9674
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:50 pm

I would go for option three which would put us in the playoffs within two weeks and user games to look forward too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:21 am

I won't be active for the next few weeks so my vote would be irrelevant. I was planning on my pal TD taking over any involvement I have in the league. The round Robin sounds an idea still some structure and give guys a chance to play 3 or 4 games against other owners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
epone
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:25 pm

If there are less than 10 active members you should probably close the league until m15. A round-robin tournament sounds like fun until M15 although in my personal experience the incentive to play in a franchise is the development of and/or scouting players. I like to team build, so if there is a round-robin tournament I will have to pass as I'm not a big fan of the H2H system in Madden.

Either way, I hope to see the league in full swing when M15 is released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaticGator
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 pm

I agree with epone a break seems most logical
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harps
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Finish what we've started, with a quicker turn around. Other than the next couple of days, I'm around most evenings.

This is probably my only chance of a winning season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefennn
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:50 pm

For me i think i'd prefer to come back for M15 (although my bank balance isn't looking too friendly to buy it on launch!). I'll set myself onto AP for the league next time i get on Madden, incase the league continues. 

A H2H tournament could be fun if enough people are up for it, put my name in the hat for it if that option is picked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigjimmyaston
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Carry on going and see the season out but in accelerated fashion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brunty135
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Op 4 for me

Its getting really boring playing the CPU think i have only got 3 user games its putting me of the game a little bit so yeah op 4 tornie for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:33 pm

IMO gents a tourny is probably the best option. The last season in July is always a damp squib for obvious reasons.

Even though i'm not involved, if i was i'd go for a tourney as long as it's arranged through the forum - similar to league games. That will keep up interest until M15 arrives.

And BTW - Put your money on the amazing Jay Cutler and his Bears for the Superbowl next season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigjimmyaston
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Are we stuck on week 9 forever? Is the season now done and dusted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 am

Sorry but I was waiting to see if we got any more responses or any more games played before advancing or posting a decision. Only 2 games were played in Week 9 despite extra time but that may have been impacted by my post Friday.

Either way its a pretty even split between the different options and also confirms that only 10 members were really still active. Of the 10 3 are out, 3 would like to keep going and 4 would rather play a head to head tourney.

I'm sorry to say it, but based on that I think its time to end the league for Madden 25. I can start a new thread for those interested in a round robin tournament where you can post your scores which I'll add to a table to crown an SML Cup winner. If you voted for another option but are interested in a head 2 head tournament too just let me know.

I will also post the team selection order within a week so we can start choosing teams. Even though we didn't finish this season it will count fully toward your accrued seasons in the league which is the basis for the team selection order. Basically the more seasons you have been in the league, the higher your pick will be.

All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Just advance far enough for me and jimmy to play a loop of games until m15! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigjimmyaston
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Ok thanks Brza, slightly disappointed but fully understand... See you all for Madden 15 I guess!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eagle
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:50 pm

I would like to just apologise for me absence. Kind of just got fed up with the game and after the first two weeks and mistakenly missed the 3rd I just had to take a break. I should of said but time got the better of me and now it been a few weeks. 

I will be around for M15 and hopefully we can get the league going again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeisterEder69
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:34 pm

ill be off until M15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TDavey88
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I would be up for a round robin tournament if we had enough people? i'm borrowing Pastinators M25 while he's away. Feel free to add me if anybody wants a friendly in the mean time - PSN TDavey88
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Sorry guys but I wastravelling all week for work and havenc't had a chance to get on here. The complete madden 15 ratings will be released on Aug. 5 so we can get the team selection started up then. 
There seems to be 5 teams interested in a tournament so we can get that started up as soon as you all can schedule games in the scheduling thread.

Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:09 am

Hey all, 

Just thought i'd let you all know i'm likely going to trade m25 in (or sell it on ebay) now rather than play the tournament, can seem to still sell it for £20ish currently, which I guess will plummet soon. Got to find some funds for the next Madden!

Fingers crossed i'll be able to come back for a full blown season soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:54 am

thanks for letting us know. it does make sense to sell it now if you can still get that much for it.

Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:44 pm

HI!

I'M BACK! And I'm ready to play on Madden NFL 15 with you!

But there is a little problem...I will be off line for one week on september (travel) Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:04 am

TDavey88 wrote:
Hi all,

I would be up for a round robin tournament if we had enough people? i'm borrowing Pastinators M25 while he's away. Feel free to add me if anybody wants a friendly in the mean time - PSN TDavey88

Hi TD, it seems like only brunty135 and xxeternalxx1 are still interested in a round robin tournament. If you add those guys on PSN or contact them here via PM I'm sure you guys can set up some friendly matches in the meantime until Madden 15 releases.

PostSubject: Re: Madden 25 Final Season and Activity   Today at 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Madden 25 Final Season and Activity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1