Sim Madden League Europe - PS4 Online Franchise

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We are moving to a new forum on Wednesday Nov. 26th! -------------- www.vgforums.co.uk -------------- Please register there as soon as possible
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saints Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:24 am by Bishbosh1985

» Vikings Trade Block
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am by MeisterEder69

» M15 - Season 1 Offseason Schedule and Draft Date Poll
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm by brza37

» General Query - Position Changes
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm by brza37

» Chiefs Trade Block
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm by TDavey88

» Texans Trade Block - Includes first round pick
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm by KevyD13

» Saints 'Post FA/Pre-draft/Pre-suicide' Trade Block
Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 am by Bishbosh1985

» Chiefs Eagles
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm by TDavey88

» Eagles Trade Block
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am by brza37

January 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
World Time

Share | 

Possible Rule Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should cap penalties be imposed for Pro Bowl players to match real life performance bonuses?
Yes
50%
 50% [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Possible Rule Change   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Every year there is some discussion about possible rules or missing aspects of the NFL in Madden. Sometimes we find a way to add to the rules other times theres no way to really change anything. Here we have a situation where we could change something but since it affects current salary caps I'd like to get everyone's opinion on it before any rule change is made.

One aspect of the salary cap that Madden doesn't cover is performance based bonuses. For those that aren't familiar with this, generally players have clauses in their contracts that give them bonuses for getting awards or voted to the pro bowl team for example. Those bonuses end up counting against the following year's cap and are pretty standard ways for teams to lower the cap number for a top player for one season although both the team and player expect him to play at a pro bowl level and earn the bonus. This aspect of contracts is unfortunately missing from Madden and kind of skews the salary cap making it easier to build a team with a bunch of pro bowl players than it would be in real life.

The proposed change would be to impose a cap penalty for each Pro Bowl member and end of year award in order to replicate this and possibly level the playing field a bit. The cap penalties would be $1 million for each Pro Bowl member and $1.5 million for each end of year Award. Unfortunately, this would have to be tracked manually and can't be added directly to the in-game salary cap.

This is just a possibility right now and I'd like to know everyone's opinion on it. Please vote whether you think this rule should be added or not and if you want to you can also post your opinion about the topic here to open discussion. We'll only add the rule if two-thirds of the league votes in favor of it.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Good idea Brza. There is a major problem at the moment whereby if a team dominates (like the Vikes and Cowboys) this year their players get loads of XP and the gap at the top gets wider.

This is against the NFL principle that the teams who win one season pay a price - but as you say, not in Madden.

It's a no-brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Sounds like a great idea but id be worried at how the rule will be enforced and how much work it would take on everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:34 pm

It would be fairly simple to enforce - add up the pens for each team (won't be much generally) - and that team has to abide by their cap MINUS whatever the pen is.

Maybe the odd check just to make sure it's being abided by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior9674
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:42 pm

I voted no, I think it's enough of a penalty if you have to try and resign these guys anyway, if I read it correctl( I may not have) if you had 5 or 6 probowlers you lose 5 or 6 million? Huge affect on some rosters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:44 pm

But that is what happens in the NFL. 

IMO the more sim we are, the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior9674
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Yes but that would be part of signing bonuses which we already pay?

If it was built in I would agree, more sim the better, but I think it would be night mare to police. I don't have a clue how many probowlers I have but I wouldn't be suprised if vikes, hawks have ten each, thats a ten mil penalty, imagine either team didn't have much cap space, is this broken?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxeternalxx
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:01 am

Voted no personally, just because I don't think the cpu puts players in based on performance alone, I reckon the personality trait weighs in on it too. Some guys make the pro bowl for no apparent reason other that they're popular in the real nfl it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeisterEder69
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I think thats absolutely stupid. I mean when you install That rule You get punished for playin good madden. Great Players wont sign a contract if you wont give them big money anyway. Eternal will have big Problems to resign his allstar Team. And Common i Play the vikes- One of the badest Teams in the nfl and i should get a cappenalty for playin good? My stats wer pretty Good Thais Year becsuse i had 10 cpu Games. So neckt Season i try to beat CPU just by3 Points to Not get fined??? Eternal killed me on the field but i want to Beat next Year exactly that team and Not an 75 ovr Seahawks Defense because he could Pay hos Players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brza37
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:48 pm

First off this is an open discussion and a poll to get opinions about an idea for a new rule. Its ok to disagree with the idea or each other, thats why I posted a poll and a thread about it instead of just making it a rule. But theres no reason to take anything personal. And definitely no reason to call any idea stupid.

I didn't post much background reasoning for it, except for the fact that players do have incentive bonuses in the NFL which do add to contract values the following year, because I wanted to hear what everyone thought without me influencing the discussion.

Another reason behind the idea is parity and as a result retaining league members. One of the most common reasons I get when someone quits is that they lost interest because they just couldn't compete. It wasn't an issue that they couldn't win the Superbowl. Everyone knows theres only one winner per season. They generally said they couldn't compete at any level, that they had no chance at ever winning a championship or hardly even a chance at making the playoffs or even some type of consolation prize like Pro Bowl team. They also didn't see any opportunity to improve their team and get better.

The rule is not about penalizing teams that have success but about giving teams that didn't have success at least a chance to compete for the top free agents so the gap between the top and bottom doesn't keep widening each season. The way it is the more success a player has the faster he and the coach improves. For example, Teddy Bridgewater improved from 75 OVR to 97 OVR in just one season. Coach level also is raised making it easier to sign free agents for less money than a lower level Coach. Coach XP is earned making it easier to gain more player XP and on and on. Success in season 1 leads to better players and more success in season 2 and on and on.

The rule is not about penalizing anyone or making sure everyone wins a prize. Its just something that may help slow the ratings gap from widening and help keep more people interested in the league for longer.

Again, it may not be the best idea, it may not be right to enforce it this season, the cap penalties may be too high and you definitely don't have to agree with it but above all else keep the conversation respectful.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Why don't we reduce the penalty to about 500,000
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:05 pm

I voted yes for a change. 

I think it would improve numbers in the league if people think they might have a shot at signing some of the best players in the nfl.

its not about punishing players as the likes of Bridgewater would never hit the FA market as Eder would make sure he would be resigned but what it might do it force him into letting another player leave just because he cannot afford both. think itll keep things fresh as teams would constantly be changing which would give the lesser teams a shot at better players and the stacked roster would force them to maybe keep finding talent through the draft which the likes of the Hawks had been doing - up untill this year Wink

I like the concept but dont know how easy it would be to enforce however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior9674
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 pm

I voted no, but Brza points are very valid, if there was a button to press so it was auto set up I would change my mind as anything to get more coaches in the league.
Huge negatives having to do this yourself though, every probowl player would have to be accounted for, I release one because I can't afford him then another coach signs him having to add the million dollar fine to there salary cap or the cpu add them for nothing, of which 11 or 12 cpu coaches.
Also what happens if you release a pro bowler at some point during the season, do you get your million back and what do the next team pay when they sign the player.
Nightmare to do unless madden did it all for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevyD13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 pm

I think this is a good idea.

The negative of decreased cap space offsets the benefit of XP gained from good play.  It helps keep things balanced.

It should be fairly easy to enforce too.  All you would have to do is post the pro-bowl rosters in a single thread and count up the penalty for each team.  Each team could provide an image in the same thread to prove they are under the cap (including the 'Pro-bowl penalty' money) at the end of the preseason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Rule Change   Today at 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Possible Rule Change
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1